User

Default Man murdered during home invasion in upmarket Pretoria estate

Afrikaans text only at this stage:

http://maroelamedia.co.za/blog/nuus/...d-doodgeskiet/

Man in PTA-spoglandgoed doodgeskiet

6 Maart 2015
    Phillip Bruwer

Argieffoto: SAPD/Facebook

ʼn 53-jarige man is Vrydag in die vroeë oggendure tydens ʼn vermeende huisroof in ʼn spoglandgoed in die ooste van Pretoria doodgeskiet.

Maj. Mack Mngomezulu, polisiewoordvoerder, het aan Maroela Media gesê die slagoffer en sy vrou het geslaap toe hulle deur twee gewapende rowers in hul huis in die Woodhill-gholflandgoed oorval is.

“Die rowers was met vuurwapens gewapen. Hulle het die egpaar vasgebind en begin om die huis te plunder,” het Mngomezulu gesê.

Die man kon daarin slaag om los te kom en het die aanvallers aangevat.

“ʼn Skoot is tydens die worsteling afgevuur en die man is in sy bolyf getref. Hy is op die toneel dood.”

Mngomezulu het bygevoeg dit wil voorkom of hulle slegs ʼn selfoon gesteel het voordat hulle gevlug het.

Die polisie ondersoek ʼn saak van moord en huisroof. Niemand is nog in verband met die voorval in hegtenis geneem nie.

Die naam van die oorledene is nog nie bekendgemaak nie.

Deel van: SA-nuus

Sleutelwoorde: misdaad, Pretoria, Woodhill-gholflandgoed
    Short translation: man and wife awoke to home-invasion in progress at their residence in the Woodhill Golf Estate in Pretoria East early this morning. Robbers were armed, tied the couple up. Man managed to escape, became involved in a struggle with robbers, and was fatally shot. Robbers apparently escaped with only a cellphone.

Points to ponder:

1. Not even the best, most expensive, most exclusive security estate is safe.
    2. Unarmed people get killed by robbers all the time.
    3. Resistance without some sort of weapon is not very effective. Perhaps he saved his wife from being raped, we will never know.
    4. Estates are not safe. (Again)

User

Default Re: Man murdered during home invasion in upmarket Pretoria estate

It felt like I was reading my dads news paper report almost indentical scenario 6 months ago also only a cellphone and also in a very "safe" golf estate. The price of a life these days= cellphone
    RIP to the man in the article and strongs to his wife and family I know how difficult it is to deal with something like that.

User

I have a few friends/family living in Midstream. They always look at me funny because I carry inside the secure "dome".
    Again a very sad incident. They may catch the perps but it will not bring him back. I do agree he may just have saved his wife. We will never know.

User

When will people wake the F up and come to the realisation that they are never SAFE?!?!?! Sommer makes me demoerin!

RIP dude... at least he tried!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    I have a few friends/family living in Midstream. They always look at me funny because I carry inside the secure "dome".
    Again a very sad incident. They may catch the perps but it will not bring him back. I do agree he may just have saved his wife. We will never know.
    May? If i look at the quality of investigation going into my dads murder case the perps will without a doubt not be caught ever

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    It felt like I was reading my dads news paper report almost indentical scenario 6 months ago also only a cellphone and also in a very "safe" golf estate. The price of a life these days= cellphone
    RIP to the man in the article and strongs to his wife and family I know how difficult it is to deal with something like that.
    It is an absolute cluster to say the least. Yes, people fall for the lie that it is supposedly safer in "access controlled" estates, but the untruth is also pushed and punted very aggressively at whoever can afford it. Sometimes it is very difficult for people to disregard what they want to hear and do research. It makes me very sad.

User

Remember that a firearm would've made little or no difference if they didn't have a barrier or early warning system, ie gate in corridor, locked bedroom door or beams/sensor alarms inside house.

Not even Chuck Norris can defend hiimself with a gatling gun if he's surprised by attackers in his sleep.

Some firearm owners tend to overlook this inconvenient fact - which is just as shortsighted as the "it's safe around here, I don't need a gun" mentality.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Remember that a firearm would've made little or no difference if they didn't have a barrier or early warning system, ie gate in corridor, locked bedroom door or beams/sensor alarms inside house.

Not even Chuck Norris can defend hiimself with a gatling gun if he's surprised by attackers in his sleep.

Some firearm owners tend to overlook this inconvenient fact - which is just as shortsighted as the "it's safe around here, I don't need a gun" mentality.
    Absolutely.

As a man who knows the ins-and-outs of certain estates, would you say that the atmosphere created by the allegedly secure living environment causes complacency? I know of a fair number of my colleagues, living in a very upmarket non-golf estate in Somerset West, who used to keep their doors unlocked until a rather nasty security scare a couple of weeks ago. Now all of a sudden they all want guns, which is good, but they need to start thinking right too.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    May? If i look at the quality of investigation going into my dads murder case the perps will without a doubt not be caught ever
    Gertjie they caught 4 suspects in the Swartwater farm attack. Not sure whether they are or just convenient Zimbabweans picked up.
    But still an upstanding man is lost to the country.

User

I woke up to this at 3 this morning. Choppers overhead, and a warning on our CPF radios mentioning 3 armed males.

RIP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast