Default Calling all game farm owners on tho forum.

Good evening guys,

Could some of you perhaps assist me, or rather a friend of mine.

This friend, has just bought his first hunting rifle, and the gun shop owner advised him to get some hunting farm motivations, hence this request. Please could I ask you if you could assist with some motivations.

User

Default Re: Calling all game farm owners on tho forum.

The shop has a good point and I do think it helps with motivating a firearm license for hunting. However, I would not sign a letter saying someone can hunt on my farm without knowing the person or having met them. Perhaps the best advice for your friend is that should he wishes to obtain a hunting rifle he should actually hunt. If he does hunt he should not have a problem with such a letter from farms that he's hunted on. If he is a first time hunter it really is best that he gets some experience first before purchasing a hunting rifle. Perhaps make some hunting friends (hunting alone is not fun) and get to know the farm owners, whom will gladly let him use a rifle while accompanying him on a hunt.

Unfortunately this is not the “quick fix” easy route, but at the same time it shows a legitimate interest in hunting and not just a means to owning a hunting rifle. Unfortunately, the good intensions of a lot of FA owners in the past are being used against us – you just have to look at the new draft FCA amendments as evidence of this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    The shop has a good point and I do think it helps with motivating a firearm license for hunting. However, I would not sign a letter saying someone can hunt on my farm without knowing the person or having met them. Perhaps the best advice for your friend is that should he wishes to obtain a hunting rifle he should actually hunt. If he does hunt he should not have a problem with such a letter from farms that he's hunted on. If he is a first time hunter it really is best that he gets some experience first before purchasing a hunting rifle. Perhaps make some hunting friends (hunting alone is not fun) and get to know the farm owners, whom will gladly let him use a rifle while accompanying him on a hunt.

Unfortunately this is not the “quick fix” easy route, but at the same time it shows a legitimate interest in hunting and not just a means to owning a hunting rifle. Unfortunately, the good intensions of a lot of FA owners in the past are being used against us – you just have to look at the new draft FCA amendments as evidence of this.
    +1

User

Quote Originally Posted by akading View Post
    Good evening guys,

Could some of you perhaps assist me, or rather a friend of mine.

This friend, has just bought his first hunting rifle, and the gun shop owner advised him to get some hunting farm motivations, hence this request. Please could I ask you if you could assist with some motivations.
    Join NSA and be done with it.

User

Here is a thought. Phone a game farm, book a hunt, get a invoice, use the invoice, go and hunt. That way you (or your friend) is above board.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

When I bought my first hunting rifle I had already hunted at a farm and borrowed the farmers rifle of the same caliber. Getting a letter was naturally easy so was the motivation as I had now hunted with the calibre in question. Perhaps get your mate to do this.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

thanks for all the advice. just some background. we have both served in the SADF way back when. he has hunted before but this was a very long time ago.

Anyway i contacted some of the farms that i have used in the past and they were more that happy to supply us with the letters in question...