Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Posse call up Radio 702/567l

This to Primedia

Good Evening

On today's show (18/3/15) Redi conducted a interview with Rebecca Peters about gun control in South Africa.

Now She made no attempt to portray any balance what so ever in your interview.
    She did not have anyone to represent the pro gun argument.
    She seemed (to me at least) to limit callers so as not to have too many pro gun comments.
    She made absolutely zero attempt to question either Rebecca or Adele "facts" for validity.

It was a completely unethical and biased interview. Which amounted to propaganda.

Primedia claims to have a policy of fair reporting and a diversity of views. Which Redi seemed very happy to flaunt so as to push a anti gun agenda.

I look forward to your response on this matter

Regards

User

To BCCSA,

Good day,

Today at approximately 10H00 on 702, Redi Tlhabi presented a show titled Preventing gun violence she hosted Rebecca Peters an Australian a gun-control activist.

During the broadcast only the view of firearm abolitionists were promoted namely that firearm legislation be strengthened to remove firearms from citizens, the program host at no point during the broadcast sought a counter opinion from any of the numerous firearm associations in South Africa.

The program host furthermore did not require guest or any of the callers from Gun Free South Africa to substantiate their claims that removal of firearms from society reduces murder/violent crime thus providing the listening public with information which may be incorrect or false.

In terms of section 13 of the Free-to-air Code of Conduct for Broadcasting Service Licensees, it is required that reasonable efforts be made to present the opposing points of view and where criticism is leveled the person and/or organization and/or group criticized be afforded the right to reply to such criticism.

The presenter did not allow for opinions which opposed the views of her guest or the activists from Gun Free South Africa and thereby excluded the participation of persons who would be directly affected by the proposal of her guest namely the roughly 1.8 million legal firearm owners in South Africa.

The presenter of the show and therefore the radio station failed to adhere to the broadcasting standards without good cause.

User

This morning you had an interview with Rebecca Peters, a staunch prohibitionist when it comes to firearms.

As a responsible firearm owner and sport shooter I feel the program was unfair and unbalanced. Pro-gun organizations were not given the opportunity to balance the program. It was a one sided debate and does not meet 702's standards.

An Australian prohibitionist cannot come to South Africa and apply her brand of
    "gun reform". We are a vastly different society, we have vast illegal arms caches and porous borders. Our violent crime is far far higher than in Australia.

I hope the other side is given ample opportunity to be represented on 702.

Kind Regards,

Jahn
    Done.

http://www.capetalk.co.za/podcast/po...bestofredi.asp

Gun violence prevention
    18 March 2015 00:00

User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    http://www.capetalk.co.za/podcast/po...bestofredi.asp

Gun violence prevention
    18 March 2015 00:00
    Thanks, direct link to MP3 if you don't understand how podcasts work like me: http://www.pod702.co.za/podcast/best...18BESTREDI.mp3 41.2MB

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Adres?
    Postal:
    PO Box 412365, CRAIGHALL, 2024

E-mail: bccsa@nabsa.co.za

Fax:
    (011) 326 3198

Telephone:
    (011) 326 3130 or

International +27 (11) 326 3130
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk777 View Post
    Postal:
    PO Box 412365, CRAIGHALL, 2024

E-mail: bccsa@nabsa.co.za

Fax:
    (011) 326 3198

Telephone:
    (011) 326 3130 or

International +27 (11) 326 3130
    Thanks, already emailed them, but now they want exact info and quotes and what was said etc with ALL my details to make the complaint official

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Thanks, already emailed them, but now they want exact info and quotes and what was said etc with ALL my details to make the complaint official
    Best you get listening then...

Quote Originally Posted by apocza View Post
    Thanks, direct link to MP3 if you don't understand how podcasts work like me: http://www.pod702.co.za/podcast/best...18BESTREDI.mp3 41.2MB
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Best you get listening then...
    haha will see how I feel this afternoon, at the office now, busy with data capturing :-/ but can't listen to it here..

My complaint has been sent, to the station and BCCSA
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast