Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Quit Smoking

User

Default Re: Quit Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Here's my 'book' of how to quit smoking. Just stop. Is it easy? Hell, no.

In august 1995 me and my wife chose to stop smoking. I smoked three and a half packs of 20 a day, my wife a pack and a half. Lots of money lost as smoke in the air and probably not very healthy either. So we made a choice.

I was told 'don't tell anyone you stopped smoking, it makes it harder and if you fail, it's then not so awkward.'

So I made it public: I told everybody I stopped smoking. Think about vegans, just like they tell about their way of life not caring if you want to know or not. And the response was 'Quit smoking? Not you, you are smoking all the time and even more!'

And because I am a man of my word I could not fail. Impossible.

Was it easy? No. How about my wife, was it easy for her? No. A serious case of The Asshole meets The Bitch for a month or two, but since this year is our 30th wedding anniversary our marriage is definitely based on a solid foundation.

Just stop.
    Yes, its not like you can gradually stop using less cociane or heroin!
    Through the box away, change any habits associated with the smoking ritual and start walking to help with the withdrawal.

User

It only takes seven to ten days to get the poisons off your body, after that, it's all in your mind. I kept telling this to me and it helped. BTW, do you guys know which tobacco involved business is bigger than actually selling cigarettes? Nicorette and other such products. Now let that sink in...

Perfect product line: you can now use all parts of the tobacco plant, even those shitty, mushy parts you couldn't use before, people pay more for 'getting rid of cigarettes' than for actually smoking, and as long as they use these products they keep themselves addicted to nicotine instead of getting rid of the addiction. You can use these products practically everywhere, when ever you want and you get the same sensation you would get by smoking. So no, those products are not designed to help you get rid of the addiction even if you would stop actual smoking. Best business ever.

Versus holding your horses for ten days and after that, man up and find a hobby. Go shooting or fishing or something instead. The money goes somewhere anyways, so I choose gunsmoke over tobacco smoke

It's all smoke and mirrors!

Can't beat the smell of burning gunpowder on a cold morning!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bushcourt View Post
    Can't beat the smell of burning gunpowder on a cold morning!
    Erm, yes you can.

Jet A-1, burning gunpowder and a good old waft of a cuban cigar.

Sent from my telegraph using smoke signals

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18