Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Photos for hunting application?

This will be my first application on a .22 Ruger and I want to include some pics of a hunt I did last season of a few rabits on a buddy's farm with his .22

My question is, will it be okay to include pics of the rabbits that we shot? It wont be to "violent" for the people at the cfr or wherever??

Thanks for all the help so far.

Noob out :)

Default Re: Photos for hunting application?

No. CFR wants you to only show the gun to the animals when you hunt them, not to actually SHOOT them! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gwj DICKDEKOCK View Post
    No. CFR wants you to only show the gun to the animals when you hunt them, not to actually SHOOT them! ;)
    Haha thanks. I understand that, but what if its just a pic of like 5 rabits on the back of a bakkie, all bloody?? Its not your average "clean" sitting next to your trophy with the gun picture if you know what I mean.

I guess it's up to you to judge whether the photos will reflect badly or not. I'm sure some hunting photos can look unethical. There's bound to be blood though...

User

I think it's always best to depict the hunt in the most respected way possible to the quarry. A picture showing a pile of rabbits on the back of a bakkie may not be the most appropriate way to promote yourself as a hunter having respect for your quarry. Imagine a CFR official with a pet bunny reading your app? OK, so my example is a bit extreme but I think you get the drift.

User

I would rather get the buddy to write a letter stating you hunt there than add pictures.

This is my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    I think it's always best to depict the hunt in the most respected way possible to the quarry. A picture showing a pile of rabbits on the back of a bakkie may not be the most appropriate way to promote yourself as a hunter having respect for your quarry. Imagine a CFR official with a pet bunny reading your app? OK, so my example is a bit extreme but I think you get the drift.
    Thats exaclty what I thought!!! So Im not the only one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I would rather get the buddy to write a letter stating you hunt there than add pictures.

You are completely right will be dping thats thanx alot guys!!

uploadfromtaptalk1426966810341.jpg This is what I was talking about... its the only picture I have left...

What do you think, too violent??

Thnx again for the help

User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post

And if he could add that he frequently invites you back to his farm to help out with pest/rodent control in his maize fields. Remember a .22 is not considered a hunting rifle as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    And if he could add that he frequently invites you back to his farm to help out with pest/rodent control in his maize fields. Remember a .22 is not considered a hunting rifle as such.
    This.
    if you want to over elaborate use the varmint control route, get a letter from your buddy explaining the damage caused by varmints.
    Also go for the target practice because the ammo is cheaper explanation.
    I can't recall that I even looked at the photos attached, so generic in any case, and many times it was copies of photos that have been used in other applications.

now if they used a babe in a bikini posing next to some animal, that would have peaked my interest, but alas, nothing but guys in cammo with big smiles on their faces....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast