Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
A few forum members with first-hand experience on how useless pepper spray can be will differ from you. Just ask @Wandering Zero (think it was him?). The only non-lethal option that works (sort of), is a Tazer. Not a china mall R50 special with "90 gazillions volt" printed on the side, a proper Tazer.
I completely disagree, Tazers and I'm referring to the actual brand which costs a fortune, should only be used by people like Police officers who have a partner to back them up with lethal force due their high failure rate approx 50% IIRC. Go take a look at all the officer involved uses and shootings reviewed by John Correira on the Active Self Protection YouTube channel if you disagree, as those are real world uses not controlled environments!

With regards to pepper spray NOT ALL BRANDS ARE MADE EQUAL, the only credible brands worth using are Sabre Red (the only commonly available credible brand in SA), Fox Labs and POM. Also the type of spray plays a vital role, direct stream liquid is the most effective! The majority are mostly gimmicks sold to the uneducated public! Pepper Spray in my opinion and again from the real world uses in the Active Self Protection videos is a very valuable affordable non lethal tool for certain situations for individuals!