Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
    User

Default Re: Paintball Marker vs Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    A few forum members with first-hand experience on how useless pepper spray can be will differ from you. Just ask @Wandering Zero (think it was him?). The only non-lethal option that works (sort of), is a Tazer. Not a china mall R50 special with "90 gazillions volt" printed on the side, a proper Tazer.
    I completely disagree, Tazers and I'm referring to the actual brand which costs a fortune, should only be used by people like Police officers who have a partner to back them up with lethal force due their high failure rate approx 50% IIRC. Go take a look at all the officer involved uses and shootings reviewed by John Correira on the Active Self Protection YouTube channel if you disagree, as those are real world uses not controlled environments!

With regards to pepper spray NOT ALL BRANDS ARE MADE EQUAL, the only credible brands worth using are Sabre Red (the only commonly available credible brand in SA), Fox Labs and POM. Also the type of spray plays a vital role, direct stream liquid is the most effective! The majority are mostly gimmicks sold to the uneducated public! Pepper Spray in my opinion and again from the real world uses in the Active Self Protection videos is a very valuable affordable non lethal tool for certain situations for individuals!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I completely disagree, Tazers and I'm referring to the actual brand which costs a fortune, should only be used by people like Police officers who have a partner to back them up with lethal force due their high failure rate approx 50% IIRC. Go take a look at all the officer involved uses and shootings reviewed by John Correira on the Active Self Protection YouTube channel if you disagree, as those are real world uses not controlled environments!

With regards to pepper spray NOT ALL BRANDS ARE MADE EQUAL, the only credible brands worth using are Sabre Red (the only commonly available credible brand in SA), Fox Labs and POM. Also the type of spray plays a vital role, direct stream liquid is the most effective! The majority are mostly gimmicks sold to the uneducated public! Pepper Spray in my opinion and again from the real world uses in the Active Self Protection videos is a very valuable affordable non lethal tool for certain situations for individuals!
    Tazer guns that fire out projectiles that stick in the skin would have to go on bare skin so would not work on a jacket for instance?

A normal tazer would mean you have to get up real close to the person, so I guess if you are in that situation then a tazer to the face might work...

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Tazer guns that fire out projectiles that stick in the skin would have to go on bare skin so would not work on a jacket for instance?

A normal tazer would mean you have to get up real close to the person, so I guess if you are in that situation then a tazer to the face might work...
    I've shocked myself with one of those 2million volt stun guns, yeah it hurts like a bitch but the pain stops as soon as its not touching you.
    Your immediate reflex to getting shocked with it is to get away, your body doesnt lock up like if you were getting shocked with AC mains voltage.
    Its pretty useless in my opinion.

I'd still take my chances with proper pepper spray because it puts distance between myself and the attacker and blinds them.

Granted this is all talk, I'm on this forum because I'm in the process of obtaining a S13 Firearm

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28