Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Paintball Marker vs Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Ai jai jai the oke continues on:

"40 joules to the head can easily kill a man instantly"
    Then why not use a gun?

"I can hit a moving target better than you with the marker"
    With a gun I need to lead my targets less, there is less deviation, the trigger response and system response time is better with a gun, there is less drop...

"30m? How big IS your house and you'll never hit at that distance"
    30m is a stretch but from longest corner to longest corner of my house I've got 15m. I could get 22m if I open an intervening door, but that is a separate "house".

The thing is my HOPPER equipped PB gun fits in a laptop case, when disassembled, my pistol fits on my hip. To get my PB gun into play I either need it set up or to set it up. Without Geck45 catching the rounds with his body to cover me while I build it the ready to go pistol is better. My mag fed PB gun doesn't hold 300+, and is the size of a H&K Mk23.

KBK

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I have a friend who used paint balls on armed robbers. He is doing well, the bullet still lodged in his chest and his thumb may well someday do something useful again, but hey at least he got to empty a hopper at them.

If you are serious about your and your loved ones life, use a serious tool to defend it.
    Funny, sad and to the point all at the same time!

User

Biggest problem with 1000 lumens in the middle of the night in my experience is the massive flash and reflection off walls blinding you pretty badly. Or am I missing something?
    Blinding is a pretty strong term. There is glare, sure, but unless you directly hit a mirror it isn't even going to dazzle you. Like I said in other topics about this it may only apply to ME, but without my glasses I can see stuff a hell of a lot better with 900 lumens from my Klarus than the 260 from my PT2L, even from dead asleep. My walls aren't bright white but they are close.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Please use Paladin's quote. It cuts to the core of the problem.
    I used his quote a little modified - "Use a serious tool for a serious job". I'll play on the loved ones next though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    Blinding is a pretty strong term. There is glare, sure, but unless you directly hit a mirror it isn't even going to dazzle you. Like I said in other topics about this it may only apply to ME, but without my glasses I can see stuff a hell of a lot better with 900 lumens from my Klarus than the 260 from my PT2L, even from dead asleep. My walls aren't bright white but they are close.
    I wonder if the glasses make a difference? From pitch darkness (and being asleep) to E50 on in the bedroom, shining up to the ceiling (780 lumens on white) leaves me squinting as the light is just too much. It cannot be just me?

User

I used his quote a little modified - "Use a serious tool for a serious job". I'll play on the loved ones next though, thanks.

I wonder if the glasses make a difference? From pitch darkness (and being asleep) to E50 on in the bedroom, shining up to the ceiling (780 lumens on white) leaves me squinting as the light is just too much. It cannot be just me?

A lot depends on the size of source's hot spot. A thousand lumens through a torch with a large spill is far more effective at lighting up a large area and will be much easier on the eyes than a focused beam.

User

Maybe give us a link and some of us can chime in :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Maybe give us a link and some of us can chime in :)
    By all means:

http://carbonite.co.za/f3/home-security-97020/

User

It cannot be just me?
    It's not, as I said in another thread awhile ago, I used my Jetbeam 1000lumen taclite the other nights indoors, totally threw me off as it blinded the shit out of me.

As far as PB markers for self defence well stupid is as stupid does.

User

O have played paintball plenty of times while being on a beer high. Getting hit is funny not at all damaging i dont know what the improved effects of the nylon ball are but surely it cant kill and if that is the point then there are better tools dor the job

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    It's not, as I said in another thread awhile ago, I used my Jetbeam 1000lumen taclite the other nights indoors, totally threw me off as it blinded the shit out of me.

As far as PB markers for self defence well stupid is as stupid does.
    Thought as much. Guess my torches just throw too little. I still love them though, the pro of having more than one... :)

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    O have played paintball plenty of times while being on a beer high. Getting hit is funny not at all damaging i dont know what the improved effects of the nylon ball are but surely it cant kill and if that is the point then there are better tools dor the job
    Persactly. I've been hit in the head by a rubber bullet from a paintball gun. Didn't even break skin.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast