Thread: GOSA SMS?

User

Default GOSA SMS?

HI Guys,

I received this sms last week. Did you guys send it?

"As legal gun owners we need to unite and actively engage the forces that threaten our rights. Therefore the Committee urges all members who have not yet paid their membership fees to do it asap. We cannot function without your loyal support and the funds. It is R600 for 2015 plus R200 if Collector plus R200 if Sport Shooter."

No name linked to it and no call to action - just wanted to check if I am barking up the right tree here.

I belong to Lowveld hunters as well but they would send it in Afrikaans if it was them.

User

Default Re: GOSA SMS?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vier View Post
    HI Guys,

I received this sms last week. Did you guys send it?

"As legal gun owners we need to unite and actively engage the forces that threaten our rights. Therefore the Committee urges all members who have not yet paid their membership fees to do it asap. We cannot function without your loyal support and the funds. It is R600 for 2015 plus R200 if Collector plus R200 if Sport Shooter."

No name linked to it and no call to action - just wanted to check if I am barking up the right tree here.

I belong to Lowveld hunters as well but they would send it in Afrikaans if it was them.
    GOSA or SAGA?

PM inbound - can you forward me the SMS please?
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    GOSA or SAGA?

PM inbound - can you forward me the SMS please?
    No idea - will wait for pm with your cell and send it to you. There was no sender organisation stated - just this random sms.

Thanks

User

Weird that - ETA: thanks, just got the SMS.

Seeing as there is no organisation named, what makes you think it is a GOSA SMS?

Anyhow, it wasn't GOSA as far as I know, but I am getting confirmation for you...
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Seeing as there is no organisation named, what makes you think it is a GOSA SMS?
    Hence me checking.

My best guess is that as you guys have been very active in the past few weeks / months and I might have given out my cell when purchasing something at a gunshop. I bought one of the sportshooter T - shirts the other day. Never gotten a sms like this before as the LVJ ones normally state "Lowveld Hunter Gauteng ....."

Will get in contact with LVJ as well and check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Vier View Post
    HI Guys, I received this sms last week. Did you guys send it? "As legal gun owners we need to unite and actively engage the forces that threaten our rights. Therefore the Committee urges all members who have not yet paid their membership fees to do it asap. We cannot function without your loyal support and the funds. It is R600 for 2015 plus R200 if Collector plus R200 if Sport Shooter." No name linked to it and no call to action - just wanted to check if I am barking up the right tree here. I belong to Lowveld hunters as well but they would send it in Afrikaans if it was them.
    Cannot be GOSA as we dont have a paid membership (yet)!

User

Ok - JS4 also confirmed that it was not GOSA.

Wonder who it was. Do not misunderstand me - I am not complaining about the sms, I have no issues with that. Just next time a call to action would have been appreciated.

Mods - you can close this thread if you would want to.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Anyhow, it wasn't GOSA as far as I know, but I am getting confirmation for you...
    Could and would never have been from GOSA as we don't charge membership fees... we rely on sweat equity!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Could and would never have been from GOSA as we don't charge membership fees... we rely on sweat equity!
    See? That's what I thought.

Kinda weird how whomever sent that SMS didn't even think to sign their name.

User

It is R600 for 2015 plus R200 if Collector plus R200 if Sport Shooter."
    Well good luck to whoever it is, I don't see them having a very large support base at those prices.