Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Guys ear muffs get shot off his head

Eish.... always make sure you have safe backstop!
    Reminds me of shooting bisley at school. At an away shoot, one the teachers (hot young student teacher) manning the tea table was struck on the inner thigh by a ricochet about 15m behind the shooting line/butts. She was wearing a light summer dress so it hurt like h@ll! It was amazing how many boys wanted to inspect the injury and comfort the lass!

User

I recall an incident many years ago at our local club.
    There were railway tracks embedded in the ground at different distances to stand the silhouette targets on. Over time the sand in front of the tracks was washed out by rain or shot out by low bullets, exposing the narrower "I" beam of the track.
    A shooter had set up his target at 100m, shooting his 270 with BarnesX bullets. By sheer bad luck the trajectory of the bullet through the target hit the rail track at 200m and came screaming back over the top of the shooting point with enough energy to break a 40mm branch off a tree behind the shooting point. Nobody was injured, but it was an eye opener to see how much energy a deflected bullet still had after traveling 200 m downrange, do a 180º and come 200m back
    Railway tracks are no more.

User

Ouch!
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy View Post
    Eish.... always make sure you have safe backstop!
    Reminds me of shooting bisley at school. At an away shoot, one the teachers (hot young student teacher) manning the tea table was struck on the inner thigh by a ricochet about 15m behind the shooting line/butts. She was wearing a light summer dress so it hurt like h@ll! It was amazing how many boys wanted to inspect the injury and comfort the lass!
    There goes the myth that school boys do not care for their teachers - good on them!!! I hope they got a chance to practice their first aid! You know .... the bleeding pressure point high up on the inside of the thigh?

User

Quote Originally Posted by dave schenck View Post
    There goes the myth that school boys do not care for their teachers - good on them!!! I hope they got a chance to practice their first aid! You know .... the bleeding pressure point high up on the inside of the thigh?
    They probably just concentrated on the lesser known treatment of massaging the area and maintaining visual contact!

Everyone volunteered to rub it all better!

User

Many years ago the following incident happened to me at Golden City near Alberton. I was plinking on the public range on a Sunday morning. Another shooter set up on the table next to me and started shooting with a .38 snubbie. I had just finished firing a string when the guy next door fired a shot. As I lowered my pistol a movement downrange caught my eye and before I could focus on it a .38 158gr bullet hit me in the center of the chest. It was going about as fast as a person could throw it and it left a nice bruise.

I do not know if it was the bullet that he had fired or another bullet that was in the backstop. It seemed to match the PMP semi-jacket bullets he was using. The bullet had hit on the sandy backstop and just bounced straight back. There was not much damage to the bullet so it does not appear to have hit a rock or any other hard object.

So, it would seem that even a "safe" backstop can bounce bullets back uprange.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

watched this vid a couple of years ago when it first appeared on you tube, if you listened carefully you will hear one guy speaking Afrikaans. seems the local boys is always present were guns are at play.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dave schenck View Post
    I hope they got a chance to practice their first aid! You know .... the bleeding pressure point high up on the inside of the thigh?
    num the pain?

om num num num... :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast