Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default FATHER SHOOTS ROBBERS

http://www.potchefstroomherald.co.za/237260/news-details/father-shoots-robbers

FATHER SHOOTS ROBBERS
    By Adele Louw
    2015-04-03 00:00

Intruders were shot during a house robbery in Baard Street, Ext. 9 at around 20:40 on 24 March.

The incident occurred shortly after family friends had left the party and the security gate had been locked.

The mother of the birthday girl went to the kitchen, where she noticed that the window blinds were moving slowly. Realising that someone was trying to climb through the window, she screamed and ran towards the bedroom, grabbing the remote to alert security. One of the two suspects that gained entry to the house chased after her with his firearm. Her husband had meanwhile taken out his own firearm, pointed it in the direction of the threat and warned the intruder to back off. When he kept coming, the complainant shot him in the stomach and ran after his accomplice. He fired another three shots, wounding both men in their legs. One fled through a window with a stolen laptop but dropped his 9mm firearm at the scene.

The second suspect, who was arrested in the house, was seriously wounded and is apparently still in hospital.

It was later discovered that they had disconnected the streetlights prior to the break-in. Three other houses in the area were allegedly also robbed. The victims are severely traumatised and the two children have been receiving professional help.

The complainant’s weapon has been repossessed and checked to see if it was used for other crimes.

The victim described the robbers as “fearless and dangerous”. He warns that robbers are almost always armed and can enter the premises in a split second. He also says they use the element of surprise to attack when the victims are most vulnerable, when they are relaxed and with their families.

He believes that people should own firearms to protect themselves from criminals who rob, rape or kill their victims.

User

Default Re: FATHER SHOOTS ROBBERS

Oh crap... Hope he didn't shoot the mofo from behind... Unless of course the bastard was running and shooting. I hope all the newspapers prints the story as it is written here, good message!

User

Finally, a pro-gun Adele!

Good on the man for protecting his family.

Good on the homeowner. What a shockingly badly written article.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Good on the homeowner. What a shockingly badly written article.
    Ya, "the complainant's gun had been repossessed to check if it was used in other crimes".

I understand the complainant to be the homeowner, but then the sentence makes no sense.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Ya, "the complainant's gun had been repossessed to check if it was used in other crimes". I understand the complainant to be the homeowner, but then the sentence makes no sense.
    Indeed... And how about:
    The victim described the robbers as “fearless and dangerous”. He warns that robbers are almost always armed and can enter the premises in a split second. He also says they use the element of surprise to attack when the victims are most vulnerable, when they are relaxed and with their families.
    Really!

User

The complainant’s weapon has been repossessed and checked to see if it was used for other crimes.
    I just thought this meant it was a state weapon

User

It was a good outcome... and being close to this story, the gentleman is in the clear from a legal perspective (Heard from a friend close to the family).

An inquest docket has been opened against the Father, but this is standard procedure...

Arm yourselves peeps... And don't let your guard down just because you are "home" after EDC ing at work or on the road.. I WAS guilty of this by taking off my firearm and putting it high up at a safe place, still to be accessible if needs be... But seeing how quick shit can hit the fan, my wife rather puts her .38 high up at this certain place for easy access, and I now carry at home, on my person. My wife also carries on her person when I'm not there... No exceptions.

These home invasions are happening more and more in the Fochville, Carletonville, Potch area, as I am sure its happening all over...

User

Well done to the chap

User

We hear from this type of incident more and more!

Well done to the farther!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast