Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Durban Area - Looting...+ JHB

It seems that the locals are talking their opportunities when they arise. They dress it up as a political issue, but basically it's just an excuse to steal.
    Durban - Police and reporters came under fire after stumbling upon hundreds of people who were looting a general dealer in the Mzansi area of Ntuzuma on Monday night.

The News24 team, while covering the desperate escape of a Somali national with the contents of his store, noticed flashing blue lights in the distance and went to investigate.

“The roads in Ntuzuma are confusing at the best of times so we got lost. We eventually came across another police patrol who said that they would take us to the area,” News24’s Jeff Wicks said.

“Following the police we turned a corner, illuminating nearly 50 people, among them children, who had prised their way into a shop and were looting everything inside,” Wicks said.

Officers rushed out of their vehicle with the news team close behind when rocks began raining down on them.

“It was pitch black and rocks and bottles were hitting the cars from all sides as soon as we got out. We all ducked and managed to scramble back inside before making our escape,” Wicks added.

Their flight was short-lived as a they got trapped and needed to turn around and brave the mob again.

“We were following the police vehicle and as soon as we neared the shop the rocks started again, but this time they were interspersed with gunfire.

"We moved over the debris and flotsam in the road as fast as we could as the shots rang out around us,” Wicks said.

No one was injured in the incident.
    http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Durban-looters-fire-at-journalists-police-20150414

Banned
    harties...If you are reading this, thank a teacher. Since its in English, thank a soldier.

Default Re: Durban Area - Looting...

Coming soon to an area near you...

User

I remember the last time we had a major xeno issue - 2008 I think it was.
    Just hoping this ends quickly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Knoffel View Post
    I remember the last time we had a major xeno issue - 2008 I think it was.
    Just hoping this ends quickly.
    not in the ANC's best interest to make it go away quickly. it keeps attention/questions away from all the other bullshit that's going on IN the ANC.

Banned

This is a disaster, the Rand is also slipping again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    This is a disaster, the Rand is also slipping again.
    This and the EFF land grabs may just be what really tanks it now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    not in the ANC's best interest to make it go away quickly. it keeps attention/questions away from all the other bullshit that's going on IN the ANC.
    True that.
    That said, the ANC has been really quiet as of late, with all the crap going on.

Banned
    harties...If you are reading this, thank a teacher. Since its in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoffel View Post
    True that.
    That said, the ANC has been really quiet as of late, with all the crap going on.
    well that would require some leadership, of which those useless bastards have nada

User

Its happening in Clare Estate EFF are here giving land to anyone, Xenophobia has driven most foreign nationals out, Protest action every week closing roads burning tyres , one resident has evacuated his house after they petrol bombed his 2 cars and house which has now been stripped!

ATM my road is closed POP here in force trying to quell the Protesting!

I find it unbelievable that the EFF can offer people land they don't own. There is zero respect for law and order and the Government is sitting watching with a mouthful of teeth. Something has got to give because I guarantee that the issue will not end at plots in Ballito or Statues. Once all the foreign shops and people are chased out, people are sitting on their arses on a few sqaure metres of land that the EFF have motivated for them, do we really think that they are going to sit back and enjoy the sunset? Leadership needs to happen. I won't hold my breath.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast