Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Media statement by JASA

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    I still insist this 'legal' firearm saga in SA is the biggest joke in Africa... probably the world. People waiting years and years for firearms... my friend waited 4 years. My own firearm license is sitting in the lyttleton police station for two months already. Newest trick to delay, accuse admin who hasn't 'registered' the payment I made at the police station. Probably someone who cannot read...
    Go and sit next to the admin Clerk..
    Let him sign onto the system.. have him enter your ID number..
    Choosed Option 3.15 if i Rememeber correclty.. submit payment... That correctly releases the AWAITING PAYMENT flag..
    Brig McClaren, Col Prinssloo at Provincial would like to know that they need training!
    Speak to Col Swanepoel (lady).. She is the bright willing one...

User

We are expecting a JASA statement any day now...

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by F a n i e View Post
    I have a question - the case where Justice Pretorius put the act 60 on ice... how come they are ignoring his order and just continue this cripple law ? I think this judge sits around wondering why no one does something with his order !
    Really?!

Not heard of it yet. Please tell us more?

... unless you mean Judge Bill Prinsloo's interim judgement suspending certain provisions of the implementation...?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Justice Prinsloo postponed judgement for both parties to resolve certain issues but declared ALL licensed under the old FCA LEGAL. When you thus go and purchase ammunition with your NEW license you are limited to 200 rounds as per the Act.

If you however purchase ammunition with your OLD license you have unlimited rounds!

Should your NEW license expire, you can thus claim legal license ownership with your OLD license.

What a joke.

Hopefully the SAPS backed up their system with the old licenses somewhere. I see a almighty f*&%up coming.

Additionally what happens to those who handed their green cards back to the sap. I refused , but I wonder if they are still on the system
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    Additionally what happens to those who handed their green cards back to the sap. I refused , but I wonder if they are still on the system
    Mine are tucked away safely in my safe
    I think we need a copy of the judgement to keep with us so that when Mr starts and the we have the black and white to prove we are right and he is wrong

User

Does this still apply today ? - i.e. are the old licences stuck in the ID book still legal today ? - or has there been a 'ruling' etc. I have not seen.
    Further, would it be safe not to apply for a new licence until such time that the old licences are declared illegal ?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Nosmo King View Post
    Does this still apply today ? - i.e. are the old licences stuck in the ID book still legal today ? - or has there been a 'ruling' etc. I have not seen.
    Further, would it be safe not to apply for a new licence until such time that the old licences are declared illegal ?
    Yep. Interim ruling was NOT appealed by SAPS. SAGA is actually applying to have the interim ruling confirmed (or made permanent).

Not only is it 'safe', it is perfectly legal.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Lastest update from JASA:
    Just a short further update. We still have not had a date in the SCA but with the final documentation (The State's Heads of Argument) due next week, we expect to get one soon.

Thank you for those who have sent donations. The fund is more healthy but I believe we still need at least another R15,000.

John

John Smyth QC
    Justice Alliance of South Africa (JASA)
    1 Ruskin Road, Bergvliet
    Cape Town, 7945

Tel/Fax +27 21 713 3259
    Alt Fax 0866727474
    Mobile 083 653 8804

www.justicealliance.co.za
    www.jjs.za.net

Gunsite will by tomorrow donate ( with the help of one of our members ) R5000.00
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast