Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammunition

I've seen ads for this new Sig Sauer Ammunition a few times, and I was wondering if any of the dealers are expecting any, or have used/studied the ammo to any degree? Big T?

User

Default Re: Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by John Reid View Post
    I've seen ads for this new Sig Sauer Ammunition a few times, and I was wondering if any of the dealers are expecting any, or have used/studied the ammo to any degree? Big T?

Based on the testing I've seen, they need a way to go before I'll consider them. That's if they ever become available. Far better options available from Federal/Winchester/Hornady.

User

Reviving and old thread here ... has anyone had any experience with this ammo ? It is priced pretty decent at safari outdoor. 299 for 20 V crown

User

Quote Originally Posted by Siga View Post
    Reviving and old thread here ... has anyone had any experience with this ammo ? It is priced pretty decent at safari outdoor. 299 for 20 V crown
    "Experience" with a specific type of SD ammo (on this or possibly most other forums) is highly unlikely to include shooting someone or surviving being shot with the specific round. At most someone will be able to regurgitate what the internet says and possibly if it feeds in their gun and how much it recoils in their personal opinion.

Research actual shootings with a specific round or gel tests and you will be able to have a ball park idea of how the ammo could maybe / possibly / theoretically perform.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reid View Post

Tactical HQ stocks them

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    "Experience" with a specific type of SD ammo (on this or possibly most other forums) is highly unlikely to include shooting someone or surviving being shot with the specific round. At most someone will be able to regurgitate what the internet says and possibly if it feeds in their gun and how much it recoils in their personal opinion.

Research actual shootings with a specific round or gel tests and you will be able to have a ball park idea of how the ammo could maybe / possibly / theoretically perform.
    Great.. thanks i will research further as above.

User

More expensive than Winchester Ranger Ts. Will have to outperform them before I will ever recommend them. Pretty high bar there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Siga View Post

They are on special at Tactical HQ for R260 for 20, 115gr.

I could not get Ranger T's other than +P+, so ended up with them instead. I have not shot someone with them yet (gunfree SA is probably disappointed) so cannot report other than the usual. Lucky Gunner has tested them though, although they tested the 90gr's in 380 ACP & 124gr 9mm but should give you some idea...

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...llistic-tests/

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    They are on special at Tactical HQ for R260 for 20, 115gr.

I could not get Ranger T's other than +P+, so ended up with them instead.
    If you can get Winchester Rangers in +P+ you should grab them. I have seen people shot with them (The old 115gr load that came out just after the Black Talons). Recoil is slightly snappy but not unmanageable. They do well on vehicle panels and they expand reliably.

Just after Lock down / dumb down level 4 my brother whacked an armed robber through his car's left front window with a 115gr +P+ Ranger out of a G26. He only connected once in the upper torso but Mr armed robber was dead on his feet before he knew it. A small example perhaps but still excellent performance out of a short barrel. He fired one handed and had no problem controlling recoil.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    If you can get Winchester Rangers in +P+ you should grab them. I have seen people shot with them (The old 115gr load that came out just after the Black Talons). Recoil is slightly snappy but not unmanageable. They do well on vehicle panels and they expand reliably.

Just after Lock down / dumb down level 4 my brother whacked an armed robber through his car's left front window with a 115gr +P+ Ranger out of a G26. He only connected once in the upper torso but Mr armed robber was dead on his feet before he knew it. A small example perhaps but still excellent performance out of a short barrel. He fired one handed and had no problem controlling recoil.
    Well done to your brother!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast