Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Joining SAPS Special Task Force. Advice and 2c please!

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum.
    Ever since I watched those YouTube videos on the Special Task Force (with a Warren Morris and Ashley Crooks and the other guys. Awesome operators, awesome guys) I've wanted to join the unit. It's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember.

Well I'm 18. I know how to use a firearm well, in fact I am decently proficient and capable. I can split a business card from 5 meters with a 9mm and such. I have safety ingrained in my actions, but also quick reflexes too, which I've got down pretty well. So I have some experience with shooting.

But anyways, is it still a viable option to join SAPS? Any ex-Taakies or currently serving Taakies on here who can give me some advice/2cense? Any Flying Squad Officers/K9 Officers/other Officers on here who can give me some advice?

I'm a white guy. I'm not racist. But I do see the ANC destroying my country. I'm not racist but I do see the violence, riots, vandalism, crime and hatred that is a predominantly black african kinda thing. :/ and I do notice the BEE and such. I have many great friends who are black and I know a lot of well educated black people who aren't racist.... We are living under the ANC though...So is there still a place for white guys in SAPS? Or do we get discriminated against when it comes to promotions and stuff? Is it still a viable option for a career? (Especially in the STF).

So I want to join next year. How do I apply? I know it's kinda a privilege to be a police officer but I'd really like to try to get in.

Anything that will help me join the SAPS STF? How many operators in the SAPS STF are white, black or colored? Anyone know?

Thanks a million Guys!

Dave

Banned

Default Re: Joining SAPS Special Task Force. Advice and 2c please!

User

Im sure others will be along soon to answer your questions.

Just one thing I recall reading, you need 2 years normal SAPS service before you can apply to join the Task force.

Your service would also be a calling to serve. As for a Career I doubt the money and risk is worth it.

That's my 2c.

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    If you join the Legion your most likely to be deployed to some Africa shit hole and you would be expendable. No loss to the French if you don't make it out alive.

User

Do it. Join saps and do all the training courses you can.
    It's going suck!
    But keep an eye on the prize. Let nothing or no one get in your way.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Im sure others will be along soon to answer your questions.

Just one thing I recall reading, you need 2 years normal SAPS service before you can apply to join the Task force.

Your service would also be a calling to serve. As for a Career I doubt the money and risk is worth it.

That's my 2c.
    Thanks for the 2c man.

Yes that's why I want to join now, so that I will be 20 -21 by the time my two years are over. And then I can join the STF 😃

Well risk and excitement is one of the reasons people join the military or police force, I have no problem with the risk. The STF is highly trained and have hardly lost any members even though they handle the most dangerous situations... One word *training*.

Agreed the Foreign Legion is an elite unit but not so great for the reasons you mentioned.

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    Thanks for your 2c man 👍 but I want to join the STF only, nothing else.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bighunter View Post
    Do it. Join saps and do all the training courses you can.
    It's going suck!
    But keep an eye on the prize. Let nothing or no one get in your way.
    Haha, Why is it going to suck?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    If you join the Legion your most likely to be deployed to some Africa shit hole and you would be expendable. No loss to the French if you don't make it out alive.
    LOL and serving here in SAPS is better ?

I know of 2 guys that is serving in the FFL and they are far from being expendable. They are looked after quite well I can asure you, one a demolition expert and not sure about the other.
    One has gotten his French citizenship and the other is close last time(+- 2years) I spoke to them. There are a great deal more opportunities and directions to go with something like the FFL. They also enjoy the FAMAS a lot :D

Don't compare a 1st world fighting force backed by a 1st world country to our SAPS that are left to fend for themselves.
    I have a friend that serves in SAPS and he complains regularly that they don't even have back up magazines for their pistols issued.

The Task Force is no way near what it use to be. To give you an example... The task force arived at a crime scene the other day. Out of the Hippo climbs a BF that look like a hippo herself and then a ND!!! Even the usual saps member left the scene for their own safety.

If you want action, rather join one of the private anti-hijack units.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast