Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Plaashaas View Post
    The Task Force is no way near what it use to be. To give you an example... The task force arived at a crime scene the other day. Out of the Hippo climbs a BF that look like a hippo herself and then a ND!!! Even the usual saps member left the scene for their own safety.

If you want action, rather join one of the private anti-hijack units.
    You're sure you're not confusing the STF with the TRT??? The STF wear camo btw... They are all supposed to be fit and battle ready....

Default Re: Joining SAPS Special Task Force. Advice and 2c please!

No. STF.

User

No. STF.
    Any Taakies on this forum or other members who can agree with/verify that the STF is in such a sad state? Has it really got that bad? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_haha View Post
    Any Taakies on this forum or other members who can agree with/verify that the STF is in such a sad state? Anyone?
    Got the info from a friend (ex-C10) that was on the scene

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_haha View Post
    Haha, Why is it going to suck?
    Because the pay is rubbish. The hours will be long. The people will treat you poorly. The saps is full of . . . . Bla bla bla.

It's a calling. I wish I could have followed it.

On the FFL side. I've met some current and ex legionaries. Most loved every sec of it. They did their 5 years.

I can tell you that South Africans are still held high there.

As for the STF.
    You have to pass selection. It's hard.
    Those "placed" there. Well. . . . . What can u do.

User

If I didn't have bigger plans in my future than to support a family with a low income and endure the degrading comments from Joe Public every day, I'd have been in the SAPS/STF/SANDF a long time ago. It's a respectable position made a joke by SOME members of all teams/squads/forces, and that's incredibly sad. If you want to do it man, DO IT. We need good people in there.

User

No. STF.
    Ill call bullshit on this. A very good friend of mine is an ex Taakie (out for about a year now). There are strict standards all around, if you can't cut it you don't get in or stay around. So either the "hippo" managed to achieve all these standards, or someone is telling a tall tale.

That said, I've spoken to my mate about this. He honestly believes the route he took was the best, and I tend to see why.

He went to university and got a degree, in that time he was a reservist. The minute he graduated he became PF, and worked his 2 years. All the time prepping for his "time". Anyone in Saps (as far as I know) can attempt the tryouts or selection after their 2 years.

He operated for just over 2 years, his best mate in the TF and the guy he says he trusts the most with his life is a black male. So personally you are going to have to drop any notions of politics, race, gender (although I don't think a woman has ever qualified). Everyone there is there because they proved themselves.

He he is out now, he won't really say why, just that shit didn't float, whatever that means. He misses it daily, and while his specific skill set has given him avenues in the security sector, it's his degree that has solidified his position.

if you do go through with it all, I wish you good luck. If you remember one thing, remember these 2 words. "MUIS HUIS" It will make sense if you make it through the STF training.

User

Quote Originally Posted by volstruis View Post
    Volstruis, bud, with all due respect, that is not good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Ill call bullshit on this.

He he is out now, he won't really say why, just that shit didn't float, whatever that means.
    So he left because it is still the respected STF that he misses daily?

Wake up! Everything is not what it use to be because we all have "rights" now. Call bullshit all you want, it doen't change the sad state of the STF

User

No. STF.
    I'll also call bs on this.
    Guy I went to school with is currently in the STF.
    In not one single pic of his have I seen a female operator. Or I have never heard of one either. They train very very hard and their standards are very high. So there won't be no "hippo's" in the force.

And also they do a lot of physical training and parachute jumping for training so weight will be an issue.

Don't think that because you can handle a fa well you'll make it. You will have to be in exceptional physical condition, meaning fit and mentally strong.
    If you have any fears like for heights and small spaces, don't even apply.

Another guy I know well tried out and made selection (they did it together)iirc but he didn't become an operator because the hard work gets even tougher once you pass selection. Iirc it takes another 3 or more years to become an official stf operator after passing selection.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast