Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Revolver

Default Re: Revolver

Just about anything in 9x19, 40S&W, 38Super, 45ACP and some other wildcats. It depends on your budget and what division interest you. I would suggest that you get out on the range and go and see what the sport is about. This will give you an indication what are the options and what will be within your budget and taste. There is a production gun class that is the 'easiest' to set yourself up as you take a Glock or a CZ and a couple of others as is out of the box and you are ready to Rock and Roll. As I say, go and see and then decide.

User

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify there is a revolver division in IPSC. There are very few shooters in this division at the moment, however it can be done if you have the right equipment. I am not however sure if the revolver division is currently being catered for in Bloem but definitely is being catered for in Pretoria...

Here is a results for the Northern Gauteng revolver division. Please scroll down to page 3

http://www.ngpsa.co.za/NGPSA_Results...ague_Match.pdf

Well it is good to hear that it is being catered for at NGPSA.

Pierre and I might just shoot our 357`s in a few Level 1`s just for shits and giggles and to see Squidward go up in flames. For the moment I will stick to PD for more serious stuff though.

Ok, the revolver won't really work in Bloem.

I will be attending a shoot on Saturday to see what it's all about. ;D

I've found a new Ruger 9mmP P95DC for what I think is not too bad price. Any thoughts? How suitable would this pistol be for the production class?

No personal experience with the Ruger's and can't comment....

User

P95 seems solid and reliable. Whether its a good buy is dependant on just how good the price really is.

I seem to get that too. The P95 is solid and reliable.

This one is R3 125 for a NEW Ruger P95DC.

hvd,

Good price for a good gun, I've heard that you can liken a Ruger pistol to a Ford truck. The may not be the prettiest on the road but they just keep going & going & going........ ;D

hi, just my 2 cents worth.

I own two Ruger revolvers at the moment and love their revolvers, there pistols are ugly, but there is one thing about Bill Ruger, he definately made his pistols strong, as he did his revolvers, actually i lied, i have on back order a Ruger LCP pistol, am waiting for them to land in SA. I owned a Stainless Ruger KP92DC, if we are on the same page it is the decock only pistol on a polymer frame?

I liked the look of my KP95Dc and thinkt hat it would make a hard wearing carry gun, i just did not like the trigger, if one stripps the weapon the trigger bar (the hindge at the top of the trigger) well the Ruger has no hindge, the top of the trigger is free to float around, it is not pinned like all other handguns, which i did not like, that being said, i do not think that you will go wrong, and if i recall correctly the price on the stainless slide was R3200.00 about four years ago. I sold it and did not really look back i think i replaced it with a Glock 36, which i sold as well :(

Anyhow i am definately waffling now, what i wanted to say id that the Ruger pistols are built strong like all of the ruger guns, you will not go wrong, bar the bad trigger. For a production gun to shoot competitivly, why dont you ask to test fire a ruger or ask to dry fire the gun, if there stickyy geta snap-cap, and then insist on buying another one in a sealed box afterward, hahaha grn1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast