Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Para-Ordnance P14.45

Anyone have some experience with these? I only read good things about them, but never had the chance to shoot one.

User

Default Re: Para-Ordnance P14.45

Some US forums are very negative about para reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Some US forums are very negative about para reliability.
    Ditto, they put me off a P12.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I shoot a Para 45 in IPSC and found it to be both of good quality as well as super reliable. I have put more that 10 000 rounds through mine and she just runs and run. In South Africa almost all the top IPSC shooters use one in competition. You have to be careful about what you believe on what the Yanks and Brits say. They are sometimes very opinionated about things they have no knowledge of. The Para is made in Canada so , according to the Yanks it has to be inferior.

I have RO`ed a shooter that had a double charge with his Para 45. After bashing the slide close with his hand he finished up the stage and remarked afterward, "Man that was loud!"

User

I suppose it depends on the required use of the pistol. A game gun can be forgiven more stoppages than a carry gun also it can be more maintenance intensive. I have seen high cap 1911 shooters taking mags apart a couple of times in a match to clean them. I want my carry gun to work when dirty dry and abused. While I agree any internet forum info should be taken from where it comes when Hilton Yam Dr. Roberts Larry Vickers recommend against something I take notice. I dont think Les Baer could ever get the FBI HRT paras to work properly. Just my zim $2.

The reason you see guys cleaning magazines so often is because any mag of mine that has fallen into the dirt ges cleaned - immediately. Our competition guns work a lot harder than any self-defence gun and obviously then also need more maintenance. I stand by my statement that the Para is a exclent gun that lasts and lasts.

User

I use my Glocks for competition as well as sport if I drop a mag in the dirt it gets blown out and cleaned when I get around to it.

Johan,

My SD (GLOCK17) gun work just as hard as your Para competition gun and I have only twice in my life cleaned (stripping) a mag on the range. The mag is however not a standard mag as it has the Arredondo +4shoe on and I did find a 'flaw' on the inside. All my standard mags has gone extended periods without being cleaned. Yes, dropping them onto the range has caused dirt to enter but I just emptied the mag, shook and wiped it and reloaded it and went to the next stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann the Horrible
    Our competition guns work a lot harder than any self-defence gun and obviously then also need more maintenance.
    Johan, just out of curiosity, what do you carry for SD?

As for your ParaOrdnance...I'd love to shoot it some day.

If money and licensing was not a issue, I would buy a STI, Para, CZ Shadow and shoot all of them and enjoy all of them....yes, none of them will be my primary SD carry gun, but I would love to have anny or all of the above and other. Even join into the HK Slut division... hpy71

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast