Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: First hunt for Ruan , hunting Black Wildebeest in Clarence, Eastern Freestate

I personally do not hunt, but please understand that I have no problem with the concept, properly controlled and all the good things.
    I think that an experience with your son like the one that you have had is very very special.

I have two girls, and so unlikely to do a hunt with them, but to be in the bush with them, teaching them the little that I know, has left me with very special memories.

Likely your son thought it was cool, but only in many years to come will he really reaise how special this hunt was.

Congrats to the lad. Well done Dad, looks like you have raised a fine young man there.

User

Default Re: First hunt for Ruan , hunting Black Wildebeest in Clarence, Eastern Freestate

As usual very kind comments from members on this great forum, Ruan and I really appreciate the kind comments , yes it really was/is a special moment /weekend for us...I enjoyed it immensely to have witnessed every moment of the hunt....I did not give any advice , Ruan ranged every animal himself, he decided on every shot himself...and executed both shots himself....

Messor, he shot the last animal, the bull from a piece of ground high up , the animals was standing well below him ...the bullet exit just underneath the skin, as shown in the photo when the guide and us skinned the animal at the slaughter pen....

We are still going to sort out the .308 with your help if it is still fine with you?

Thank you again to all members it really is nice to get such well meant congratulations...

Congrats on the great hunt! Do not have kids yet, but would love to go hunting with them!

User

Thank you kindly again members, it really is a pleasure to share these special moments with you guys,,....

User

Always interesting to look at the damage/wound created by a bullet when shooting an animal. In this case I noticed huge bone damage on the first cow shot by Ruan ...it broke both shoulder blades leaving the bones in tatters...but still minimum meat damage..I think I will make use of a lighter bullet..maybe a Barnes TSX 150 gn for less bone damage...I would appreciate opinions on wound damage regarding animals shot with Barnes TSZ bullets...I really am impress...

Gongrats to both of you guys! What a beatiful experience.

User

There will be many hunts in the years to come but this one will always be remembered, and deservedly so. Ruan will be a very proud young man every time a meal from these animals comes to the table, knowing that hunting has a purpose after the completion of the successful hunt has translated into feeding the family.

User

Thank you kindly members for the kind remarks , as you have pointed out it really was and is a great day for me as his father to be part of his first hunt... the young man has just, with the assistance of my mentor and friend Johan Greyling of JS Gunsmithing worked down the grip on his air pistol he is currently shooting in competitions for his school, High-school Genl. Hertzog...

Ruan shaped his grip on the pistol to fit him personally...This is the type of air pistol used in competitions he participates in.

User

Nice work it seems he is an chip of the old block.

User

Kaptein L

Ja, it really is nice to know my son is appreciating a rifle as much as I am...I hope to have many good hunts with him.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast