Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Successful SD situation in Melville

http://northcliffmelvilletimes.co.za...ville-koppies/

Shootout on Melville Koppies
    WESTDENE — Criminals met with strong force as they try to rob residents at Melville Koppies.

Alice Mpholo | 4 hours ago
    Three suspects are arrested by Sophiatown SAPS after a shootout on Melville Koppies. Photo supplied
    Two residents were left shaken after an attempted robbery at the Melvile Koppies on 9 May.

According to the Westdene Community Patrol (WCP), officials were called to*the scene after gun fire was exchanged between the*residents and suspects.

Lorie Coogan and her friend were on the lower ridge of the koppies ahead of a walk on 10 May when the attack took place.

“We were in the area to figure out how long the walk would take when two guys came out and started heading towards us,” Coogan said. “The one reached in the front of his pants and reached for a gun. He fired shots at us and that is when my friend also opened fire and they took off.”

The patrollers surrounded exit points in the area, and according to the patrol’s Facebook post; *three of the alleged attackers were caught and arrested by the Sophiatown SAPS team.

Questions were sent to Sophiatown SAPS, who have yet to respond.

“Crime is out of control throughout the country and it seems to be getting worse, we either act now or wait for our turn to be victims. We shouldn’t have to live like this, that is why we patrol,” The patrol*said on Facebook.

Coogan, who is also a member of the*Westdene Resident’s Association, said they are all on a mission to take back the koppies and get rid of the criminals, hence they have regular walks in a plight to make their communities safer

Default Re: Successful SD situation in Melville

The sheople are waking up.....HKGK

User

I hear a rumor that the Saps released the 3 as it was shift change and they couldn't be bothered with the admin! I certainly hope that is not true!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
    I hear a rumor that the Saps released the 3 as it was shift change and they couldn't be bothered with the admin! I certainly hope that is not true!
    If this is true and happens often enough the path to vigilante justice is opened.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
    Luke, this is EXACTLY what happened with the infamous Thulani case as well. Most disappointing.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Disappointing is an understatement, considering the number of residents involved in helping saps catch these guys and getting shot at!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    If this is true and happens often enough the path to vigilante justice is opened.
    “If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.” Jeff Cooper

User

Quote Originally Posted by [FONT=Verdana
    Tweedledee [/FONT]He fired shots at us and that is when my friend also opened fire and they took off.”
    Got to make those shots count.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Fan View Post
    “If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.” Jeff Cooper
    Thanks for this quote!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I agree. The reasoning will be that "if they didn't lock up the criminals, then they won't lock me up either."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast