Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default REVIEW Geoff Carter CKCS IWB Hybrid for 1911

Local IS lekker!

OK so after my disastrous trial with another imported holster brand. I have now been carrying in a locally made Carter Kustom Carry Solutions hybrid holster for my Star PS 1911 for close on 4 weeks now.

Carrying a full frame 1911 does pose a few challenges, however the CKCS gets over the hurdles easily.

A few things are apparent with this holster.

1. Firstly it’s well made. REALLY well made. The leather is thick, of a high quality and really is awesome to hold and behold.
    2. The standard Carter 1911 shell fits my Star PS like a glove.
    3. The shell covers the entire firearm and overlaps the muzzle by a few mm, ensuring that the soft rounded edge of the shell does not eat away at your clothes.
    4. This holster gets more comfortable by the day. It was comfortable from day one. There is a bit of body-to-leather moulding and forming that takes place as it wears in, however it’s very comfortable from day one and just gets better and better. Not that we ever ‘forget’ that we are carrying, the CKCS hybrid is one of those really comfortable holsters that ensures that you are not constantly aware that you have a 1911 tucked in at 4 o’clock
    5. The holster has 4 positioning holes on either side so that you can use to move and adjust the clips. I’ve left it exactly where it was when it arrived. Clearly Geoff knows what the most common ‘comfortable’ position is. In addition, he also asked me what my preferred carry angle was, as he can custom fit the shell at a specific angle… cool.
    6. I like the fact that Geoff uses the 'inside' (rough) of the leather and not the shiny top (epidermis) as the 'skin side' which helps with sweating and comfort. A bit hard to describe that but I'm sure he can chip in and explain.
    7. It came with a pack of spares, like spacers, screws, backings etc. I’ve stowed them, and it’s nice to know that I have them if I ever need them.
    8. Everything worked from day one. Which is naturally the way things should be.

So how does it conceal? Excellent! This is a win for me, and I’ll naturally be turning to Geoff for my future holster needs.

This is a great EDC holster choice IMHO, below are 2 pic’s of my FA in holster and in full concealed carry. The only way that you will make it is if you know what the clips are.

If you are looking for a holster, seriously take a look at a Geoff Carter CKCS holster. He does a whole variety and not just hybrids. My wife will be getting one of his new AIWB for her CZ75C in the near future.

You will also be supporting a local company, a GREAT product, a GS’er and an all-round superb guy!

CKCS gets a 10/10 from me that’s for sure.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

Default Re: REVIEW Geoff Carter CKCS IWB Hybrid for 1911

Quote Originally Posted by 45Trundle View Post
    Local IS lekker!

OK so after my disastrous trial with another imported holster brand. I have now been carrying in a locally made Carter Kustom Carry Solutions hybrid holster for my Star PS 1911 for close on 4 weeks now.

CKCS gets a 10/10 from me that’s for sure.
    Shame on you for not going to him first

Will be stopping there this afternoon for some extra goodies...

LOL Jaco. I'll take 40 lashes with wet spaghetti

Originally I was of the opinion that imported was better.... learned my lesson in short order.

Just a quick note.

The C-clips are not std and I swapped out the std CKCS clips for another brand.

Geoff has also informed me that the bag of extras, was just that, extras. And not part of his standard offering. Just goes to show what a cool dude he is, supplying freebies.

User

I have two of Geoffs Holsters. The Multicary and the Hybrid both for the Glock 19. I leave the Multi configured for OWB use on the range and use the Hybrid for day to day carry. The G19 is of cause much smaller than a 1911, but I agree with every point you make. it is my favorite holster. It don't just tick the boxes, it exceeds all expectations in quality, comfort and concealability, and we expect lots from Geoff.

User

I've owned a few CKCS holsters. I tried another brand recently and it has ended up in the bin. Geoff has a loyal customer for life...

User

Wow looks really good. I currently use a Quantum Carry IWB Kydex Holster which I'm very happy with, but it does look like the CKCS Hybrid is tuckable?

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I have two of Geoffs Holsters. The Multicary and the Hybrid both for the Glock 19. I leave the Multi configured for OWB use on the range and use the Hybrid for day to day carry. The G19 is of cause much smaller than a 1911, but I agree with every point you make. it is my favorite holster. It don't just tick the boxes, it exceeds all expectations in quality, comfort and concealability, and we expect lots from Geoff.
    Paladin I have a G19 as well. Would you mind posting similar pics to that of the OP of the Hybrid for the 19?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Toyz View Post
    Wow looks really good. I currently use a Quantum Carry IWB Kydex Holster which I'm very happy with, but it does look like the CKCS Hybrid is tuckable?

Paladin I have a G19 as well. Would you mind posting similar pics to that of the OP of the Hybrid for the 19?
    Getting photos was not so easy alone. I had to guess what was in the viewfinder. All the mirrors in the house is too high for the job so I hope they are not too bad. Any mention of diets is also prohibited.

I wear a t-shirt underneath for added comfort.

uploadfromtaptalk1432738393248.jpg

Shirt tucked in.

uploadfromtaptalk1432738449322.jpg

Shirt just casually out of pants.

uploadfromtaptalk1432738516942.jpg

Thank you for the review and pics I love the C-clips !

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Getting photos was not so easy alone. I had to guess what was in the viewfinder. All the mirrors in the house is too high for the job so I hope they are not too bad. Any mention of diets is also prohibited.

I wear a t-shirt underneath for added comfort.

uploadfromtaptalk1432738393248.jpg

Shirt tucked in.

uploadfromtaptalk1432738449322.jpg

Shirt just casually out of pants.

uploadfromtaptalk1432738516942.jpg
    I promise I won't mention any dietary requirements. :D

Firstly thank you for the time taken to take the shots, really appreciated.

I carry only slightly more to the rear than what you do. My FA sits right infront of the side loop of my pants kind of in between a 3 and 4 position. I do though like the way the CKCS hybrid conceals. My FA is not noticeable with my current holster, but it's a non tuckable one. I will invest in a hybrid CKCS as soon as I can.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast