Local IS lekker!

OK so after my disastrous trial with another imported holster brand. I have now been carrying in a locally made Carter Kustom Carry Solutions hybrid holster for my Star PS 1911 for close on 4 weeks now.

Carrying a full frame 1911 does pose a few challenges, however the CKCS gets over the hurdles easily.

A few things are apparent with this holster.

1. Firstly it’s well made. REALLY well made. The leather is thick, of a high quality and really is awesome to hold and behold.
  2. The standard Carter 1911 shell fits my Star PS like a glove.
  3. The shell covers the entire firearm and overlaps the muzzle by a few mm, ensuring that the soft rounded edge of the shell does not eat away at your clothes.
  4. This holster gets more comfortable by the day. It was comfortable from day one. There is a bit of body-to-leather moulding and forming that takes place as it wears in, however it’s very comfortable from day one and just gets better and better. Not that we ever ‘forget’ that we are carrying, the CKCS hybrid is one of those really comfortable holsters that ensures that you are not constantly aware that you have a 1911 tucked in at 4 o’clock
  5. The holster has 4 positioning holes on either side so that you can use to move and adjust the clips. I’ve left it exactly where it was when it arrived. Clearly Geoff knows what the most common ‘comfortable’ position is. In addition, he also asked me what my preferred carry angle was, as he can custom fit the shell at a specific angle… cool.
  6. I like the fact that Geoff uses the 'inside' (rough) of the leather and not the shiny top (epidermis) as the 'skin side' which helps with sweating and comfort. A bit hard to describe that but I'm sure he can chip in and explain.
  7. It came with a pack of spares, like spacers, screws, backings etc. I’ve stowed them, and it’s nice to know that I have them if I ever need them.
  8. Everything worked from day one. Which is naturally the way things should be.

So how does it conceal? Excellent! This is a win for me, and I’ll naturally be turning to Geoff for my future holster needs.

This is a great EDC holster choice IMHO, below are 2 pic’s of my FA in holster and in full concealed carry. The only way that you will make it is if you know what the clips are.

If you are looking for a holster, seriously take a look at a Geoff Carter CKCS holster. He does a whole variety and not just hybrids. My wife will be getting one of his new AIWB for her CZ75C in the near future.

You will also be supporting a local company, a GREAT product, a GS’er and an all-round superb guy!

CKCS gets a 10/10 from me that’s for sure.