Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Republic arms shotties

You never need to touch the bolt release . Drop a cartridge in the ejection port, push down on the cartridge to disengage the bolt stop and then with your thumb push up on the carrier. Cartridge is then pumped into the chamber. I will admit that it is a long time since I used one but they impressed me as simple, reliable and easy to use. If anything they were remarkably reliable. However I imagine most outside of civilian use would have seen little love over decades thereby possibly explaining the difference of opinion.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    You never need to touch the bolt release . Drop a cartridge in the ejection port, push down on the cartridge to disengage the bolt stop and then with your thumb push up on the carrier. Cartridge is then pumped into the chamber. I will admit that it is a long time since I used one but they impressed me as simple, reliable and easy to use. If anything they were remarkably reliable. However I imagine most outside of civilian use would have seen little love over decades thereby possibly explaining the difference of opinion.
    Wait...

To perform an emergency reload you
    ""Drop a cartridge in the ejection port, push down on the cartridge to disengage the bolt stop and then with your thumb push up on the carrier.""

IDK
    Seems more cumbersomeeerr than the already cumbersome pushing the big bolt release button.

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Wait...

""Drop a cartridge in the ejection port, push down on the cartridge to disengage the bolt stop and then with your thumb push up on the carrier.""

IDK
    Seems more cumbersomeeerr than the already cumbersome pushing the big bolt release button.
    It's a one hand operation. You can do either but considering recruits from the townships with no prior experience could master it.

User

It's a one hand operation. You can do either but considering recruits from the townships with no prior experience could master it.
    I dont know about Master.

The fact remains that it is a less effective and more cumbersome way than the alternative. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the additional actions are not only slower but increase the chance of user error.

A few simple timed exercise reps. can easily prove this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by G33 View Post
    Wait...

IDK
    Well, compared to almost any other pump action where you just throw in the cartridge and chamber it...

The exception being the bottom ejectors. There you just feed everything through the mag tube, but at least you don't need to press a extra button.

No one will claim the Beretta and -clone pump guns are poorly made. It's just that extra button that gets in the way.

Appreciate the discussion gents. Thanks, it has been worthwhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2