User

Default Trigger Pull Measured, comparisons & observations

I was curious about my trigger work on the M&Ps and how they compare to stock M&PS and Glocks and custom 1911s so I bought a RCBS Premium Trigger Pull Scale from Brownells as I could not find a scale locally.

I tested trigger pulls on three different spots on the trigger for the "pivot" type triggers (Glock, M&P, Steyr) and only in the middle for "slide" type triggers (1911).

For the pivot type triggers I tested pull in the middle(depicted as MIDDLE in the table), half way between middle and tip of trigger (depicted as QUARTER in the table) and on the tip of the trigger (depicted as TRIGGER TIP in the table).

In my opinion the main finger pressure on the pivot type trigger is exerted on the portion of trigger surface between QUARTER and TRIGGER TIP. Taking that into consideration I decided to work out the median between the pull weight of QUARTER and TRIGGER TIP as being the actual trigger pull weight. I am positive that it is the correct measure or very close to it if, in hind sight, I take the M&P Trigger pull weight Specs of S&W and compare it to my results of the Stock M&Ps on the list.

Over and above the trigger pull weight comparisons the M&Ps with modified triggers have in my opinion a better trigger pull than the Glocks I tested because of a more definite break point and a shorter (and also definite) reset.

Unfortunately I do not know how to make a table of the spreadsheet and insert it into text so I attached the Trigger Pull Spreadsheet I compiled.

SEE ATTACHED SPREAD SHEET

Attached Files Attached Files