Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: What to expect from a Firearm Training Facility

I managed to blast a few shotgun rounds, 5.56, and 22, all included. Handgun was my own this time round. First time ammo was included, I could have had a few warm up shots with the gunx used but I didn't really need them

User

It felt like we were being rushed all the time. So strange..

User

Please discuss this with the pftc

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Please discuss this with the pftc
    I will most definitely! Thanks for the feedback

They should rather then label their centre as assessment or something, rather than training. That does defeat the purpose of why they should be there though.

User

I have done my comp for Handgun, MLR and Shotgun about 4 years ago and recently my SLR. I did the first 3 at one place and the SLR at another. Both times I had a lot of fun and good conversation as most of the people are gun people and we discussed scenarios and different Firearms and so forth. Both of the places handled the course almost the same. You filled your open book test in at home and then when you arrive at the venue filled in some forms. After all the open book tests is marked we started with the course and the instructor would go through the open book test and a few other points and explain it and then allow discussion on the points. Then after that we would write the closed book test and then get it marked. During the course the instructor would explain how each firearm operates and the controls and loading and unloading. Then when everyone was finished we would head to the range and the instructor would take one at a time and then show you again how everything works and depending on your skill level would show you how to aim and hold the Firearm. And if need be give you a shot or two just to get the feeling. On the second time there was a guy that has never held a pistol or filled the magazine in his life and they spent more than an hour teaching him loading of a magazine how to aim and he got some practice on a laser target they had there. As I said before both times I enjoyed it alot and I would advise anyone to go to those two places. I didnt pay for the ammo used I believe they normally include that in the course price. At the back of your book there is a feed back section where it asks feedback about the course and did the instructor stick to the lesson plan and so on and are you happy with the course im not sure who sees that but I would think the moderator would go through those.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hfgt View Post
    I have done my comp for Handgun, MLR and Shotgun about 4 years ago and recently my SLR. I did the first 3 at one place and the SLR at another. Both times I had a lot of fun and good conversation as most of the people are gun people and we discussed scenarios and different Firearms and so forth. Both of the places handled the course almost the same. You filled your open book test in at home and then when you arrive at the venue filled in some forms. After all the open book tests is marked we started with the course and the instructor would go through the open book test and a few other points and explain it and then allow discussion on the points. Then after that we would write the closed book test and then get it marked. During the course the instructor would explain how each firearm operates and the controls and loading and unloading. Then when everyone was finished we would head to the range and the instructor would take one at a time and then show you again how everything works and depending on your skill level would show you how to aim and hold the Firearm. And if need be give you a shot or two just to get the feeling. On the second time there was a guy that has never held a pistol or filled the magazine in his life and they spent more than an hour teaching him loading of a magazine how to aim and he got some practice on a laser target they had there. As I said before both times I enjoyed it alot and I would advise anyone to go to those two places. I didnt pay for the ammo used I believe they normally include that in the course price. At the back of your book there is a feed back section where it asks feedback about the course and did the instructor stick to the lesson plan and so on and are you happy with the course im not sure who sees that but I would think the moderator would go through those.
    I have heard PFTC are a bit anal about these and a lot of questions are asked if they are missing or incomplete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2