Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Hey! where did my Thread go for the CZ200S Full Stock in .177 caliber

Just checked now to see if there is any further interested in my sale of the CZ200S Full Stock in .177 caliber and it has vanished from this forum???

Please let me know if it is in another place.

User

Default Re: Hey! where did my Thread go for the CZ200S Full Stock in .177 caliber

It probably went the way of the 50 post minimum count before posting for sale items as per forum rules?

User

Default Re: Hey! where did my Thread go for the CZ200S Full Stock in .177 caliber

OK, I didn't realise that you had to have 50 posts before selling an item. What happens if you just don't have that much to post, if you are not an authority on any topic but like to learn from all the other discussions to improve your knowledge. My humble opinion is that such a rule may just encourages mindless chatter on nothing specific to get to 50 posts where lurkers become chirpers to get their post count up, but I suppose rules are rules and I stand corrected with apologies for any transgression.

User

Have a look at the stickies, I recall them saying something about 50 constructive posts.

The boys in blue are pretty good at spotting posts intended to inflate the count. And yes, it does happen.

To be fair, hang around for a short while and you will soon find your contribution or your questions to ask.

User

The classifieds are a service we offer active users. Not a right. There are places that offer just advertising like www.gunbroker.co.za

It was also in the wrong place.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jabawok View Post
    OK, I didn't realise that you had to have 50 posts before selling an item. What happens if you just don't have that much to post, if you are not an authority on any topic but like to learn from all the other discussions to improve your knowledge. My humble opinion is that such a rule may just encourages mindless chatter on nothing specific to get to 50 posts where lurkers become chirpers to get their post count up, but I suppose rules are rules and I stand corrected with apologies for any transgression.
    At least you comply 100% to ''Read more and post less''

User

Thanks for the heads up on the post count, as mentioned that I was not intending to transgress any rules or see it as my right to advertise - merely trying to sell my air rifle.

If I posted in the wrong place where do I post an air rifle for sale in the future when my past count meets the required amount? It was the most logical place to put it where most air gunners would look for air rifle related posts.

User

The classifieds would seem appropriate, would it not?

Most forums has some kind of minimum post count with regards to classifieds. It helps filter out many of the hit-and-run scammers. If you participate in the forum 50 posts can go quite quickly. Even a question can be constructive - the idea is not to force you to add to the knowledge base of the forum, but to show that you're a honest participant. Its not fool-proof, but it helps.

BTW - a large percentage of my posts are questions - me trying to decrease my own ignorance a bit.

User

Thanks for the comments both good and some quite sarcastic - hence my reason for not posting too much as with other aircraft / flying forums I subscribe too where there is such uber pilot crap lording over the run of the mill garden variety flyers who genuinely want to learn and not be bitched at.

Comments like:- "The classifieds would seem appropriate, would it not?" are a case in point where I have given a seemingly good reason for posting in the air rifle section. I only look in the classifieds for hunting rifles and those type of items related to larger rifles and have not seen many, if any, air rifles advertised there. But lessons learned all the same.

It is amazing that you can advertise something by paying it forward to give someone an item like a rifle stock I have from my .270 (yes I do actually have a real gun, several actually) but then get dumped for placing an advert selling something.

OK rant over, I have voiced my opinion for what it is worth. Just remember that we all have something in common - we all like firearms and the pleasure of using them for some good recoil therapy.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast