Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Shooting

Default Mobile Shooting

I had to mention the last league at JDPC (Sat) was a blast. Specifically the "Golf-cart stage". It was refreshing to be taken out of a comfortable shooting platform and thrown into the relatively unknown. Some background: you started on the back of a golf cart. When the start signal went, the SO put foot and you had to engage two target's from low ready before they disappeared behind cover. Then, while the SO did his best "Stig" impersonation, you had to engage another 4 targets whilst bopping around. I view golf-carts with a newfound respect and fear! ;D

That was a great stage and really challenged our shooting stability. I also want to say a huge thanks to the guys who went through the effort to tow the cart to the range as well as dragging the beat-up Chev(?) to the bottom range. The effort that goes into our shoots sometimes gives me hope. happy0065
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Default Re: Mobile Shooting

+1 .

JDPC really presented a great and challenging shoot for the day. The golf cart was an eye opener and there were more than a few FTNs on that stage. It's a league I will try to forget asap because it is the first time I shot 2 NTs in one day on a league shoot.

A shoot like this really makes it worth the effort to drive at 80km/h most of the way from the east of Pta to the range.

hpy180

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba

A shoot like this really makes it worth the effort to drive at 80km/h most of the way from the east of Pta to the range.
    Way off topic, but we must exchange details, Khumba. Seems we live in the same area and might as well travel together in the future.

As far as the shoot is concerned, I really enjoyed it as well. It was one of my worst and I let Team USP (The Bla and Thorkind) down badly!!! However, the scores are not really what its about. We looked the coolest on the day, hence we are the winners. The M&P9 is a distant second in my books...

Thanks JDPC. It was great.

In IPSC I have shot a few funnies and eye opening stages. I have shot from a platform that is hanging from 4 posts. I have sat on a drum that was connected to a electric motor and would move the drum like being on a horse moving. Recently at the nationals in Welkom we sat on a drum that was suspended off the ground. When the timer went, you pulled a lever and the drum swung forewards and backwards. At the same nationals you also sat on one of those exercise bicycles and engaged targets. Also in a row boat with the similar action than the drum acting like a horse. At Harmony Shooting Club there is a railway line with one of those underground 4 wheel bicycles that you peddle while sitting on it and while pedaling and moving foreward, you engage targets.

I think it is good and important to do these type of shoots and take the normal stable base away and see what your capability is with a certain amount of instability under your feet or backside.

User

Count, I am sending you PM.

The problem with traveling together is You Young Warriors want to stay and social - Old farts like me want to go home and braai with the family hpy180 happy0065

Next time (CDPC League if I make it or club shoot) you have to test drive the M&P! fighting0035

PM received. Thanks!

Yes, I definitively want to drive that M&P, but not just the 9, the 45 too!!!

User

Can I play too please mom ;D

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Can I play too please mom ;D
    Now I am confused confused0083 is Kumba actually your mother? Kumba, did you have a sex change somewhere along the line?

Banned

That "Golf-cart stage" stage sounds like a right hoot! Maybe we should try it down here (at KSC). BoerBok, can we use your beloved Isuzu? Oh yes, was the movement of the golf-cart counted as shooting on the move and hence part of the 5% minimum movement CoF rule for the match (juuuuust kidding)! :D

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Quote Originally Posted by dhignett
    That "Golf-cart stage" stage sounds like a right hoot! Maybe we should try it down here (at KSC). BoerBok, can we use your beloved Isuzu?
    No.

Never.

Leave quietly.

Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast