User

Default Traditional Longbows Handcrafted To Your Specifications

I’m posting this add on behalf of a man to whom I owe very much. My indebtedness includes, but is not limited to the gift of being handed my first longbow combined with the privilege of being taught the art of archery, by a Master Archer.

During my progression from boyhood through adolescence and finally to manhood, Johannes Schabort has made me three longbows, each to match my physical size and abilities at the time. It started out with a 25 pound longbow with which I hunted my first pigeon, followed by an exceptional and versatile 45 pound longbow which is to date the most comfortable longbow I have ever shot. Today I am the proud owner of a powerful 65 pound longbow which demands both my physical and mental preparation to shoot optimally.

Depending on what speed and poundage you require, he crafts bows from oak or maple wood. For the back of the bow he uses ( depending on the intended use of the bow) imported bamboo, snake or likkewaan skin, cushioned by crude conditioned leather. For the tips of the bows he uses ( depending on your preference) horn tips or wooden inserts. He guarantees that his bows will not break under normal & intended use, that they are light and powerful bows and that they are capable of bringing down any given game in the right hands.

Johannes Schabort has a passion for archery (amongst other passions) and especially for initiating interest in the art within young persons and developing their skill level to that of formidable archers.

He offers hand crafted adult bows at a ridiculously low price of R1750.00 and whilst the effort is the same, he offers bows at half this price to minors.
    When you own a bow made by Johannes Schabort, you don’t merely own a weapon, but you own a piece of art and an heirloom.

For orders please contact:
    Johannes Schabort (Bloemfontein)
    Home: 051 421 0000
    Mobile :076 847 4678
    Email: dutoit.schabort@gmail.com

These images taken with a cellphone simply do not do these beauties justice. I'm having technical difficulties uploading the rest, post your email address for more pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images