Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Choosing the association that best suits your needs.

Why should it matter Kreefstert? If you as the government find me competent to own a firearm, I should be able to handle two. Or ten. Or 100. So if you want to restrict that right, are you trying to invade my privacy? My rights to stand up against your government-created chaos?

The FCA is not worth the paper it is written on. And we, the citizens, should treat it as such. And stop trying to conform. It's playing right into their hands.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Proudprado View Post
    Why should it matter Kreefstert? If you as the government find me competent to own a firearm, I should be able to handle two. Or ten. Or 100. So if you want to restrict that right, are you trying to invade my privacy? My rights to stand up against your government-created chaos?

The FCA is not worth the paper it is written on. And we, the citizens, should treat it as such. And stop trying to conform. It's playing right into their hands.

Exactly like I said in the first paragraph. Its a load of bullshit. We should be able to own what we want.

But we dont have that luxury so we have to work it so that guys who actually deserve it as sportsman dont get screwed by guys who just want it for the sake of having although in principle I have no issue with that.

User

I disagree. We should "work it" to get rid of the bullshit. Adapting to their silly little rules will help very few people in the end.

There seems to be a rumour flying around that some "sport shooter" owns 80+ MSRs. So what? Were any of them stolen? Did he/she supply guns to the Soccer Party? Seem like a really responsible gun owner to me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    But we dont have that luxury so we have to work it so that guys who actually deserve it as sportsman dont get screwed by guys who just want it for the sake of having
    Divide and conquer 101. For as long as the system can be gamed somebody will game it, and then it'll be "us" dedicated sportsmen getting screwed by "them" people who gamed a bad system. And then the requirements for 'dedicated sportsmen' will tighten up and the IPSC folkses will throw the NSA folkses under the bus because they are 'less dedicated' and then a new 'us' and 'them' will form.

Just don't play the fucking game. My mission in life is to license a thousand rifles - I am sorry if that upsets any of you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Todor View Post
    I am sorry if that upsets any of you.
    It only upsets me because I don't make that kind of money.

User

If it was up to me do away with the whole process altogether but I cant see that happening anytime soon. In the real world you can always get what we want you find the best solution with the resources given.

User

Black-Ops I agree fully with what you said in your opening post.

I don't think any of us particularly like the FCA but until we can get rid of it we need to play our chosen games within the borders prescribed by it. Choose which game you want to play and stay within the explicit or implicit rules for that game. Respect and support the right of others around you to choose the same game or a different game with different rules. Don't spoil the next guy's chances tomorrow by bending the rules to selfishly suit yourself today.

And I have to say, in certain ways I think we are currently better off than we were before the FCA - how many privately owned MSR's did you guys see before we got the FCA?

In response to those posts about "this firearm behaves differently to that firearm" I think you guys might have misinterpreted what Black-Ops is saying. While people playing 3-gun and the like could well justify having multiple different MSR's and would benefit from it, I think you'd find almost no benefit to having multiple MSR's to compete in CHASA or SA Hunt competitions. Therefore if you have the need to own multiple MSR's you'd be better off joining 3-gun or similar, where you'd be able to use them, than joining CHASA where you probably wouldn't get the opportunity to use them.

User

I don't know about CHASA or SAHunt, there must be some reason why some people shoot a .270, others a .30-06 and other the superior .308. You get longer guns and you get shorter guns. Many people own a small and a big bore rifle.

While something like 3 GN and SADPA DMG is fun, a better comparison for the performance of a gun is something like NSA's standard. The course of fire on the "sportier" games changes how the gun behaves too.

If you can't see that on something like the NSA shoots, where everything is identical each time (except possibly the weather, but them's the breaks)and you will be able to see the difference more between an AR-15 with a 20" barrel, rifle gas tube, rifle receiver extension and buffer and rifle stock over the 7.5" with the pistol gas system and carbine receiver extension/buffer then I don't know what to say.

I'm happy with the 2 MSR's I have at the moment and one is, as per the original post, a .22 and one is a centerfire. My center fire is an AK and I love it and think it is a wonderful platform. But why should that stop me wanting or being able to own an AR? The AR will, and does, perform differently to the AK. If that is enough reason to own an AR, then why not also an AR with a 10.5" barrel which is permanently suppressed and run in a different class? And how is this being selfish? Personally I WANT 1000 MSR's but lack the funds to purchase another gun. I don't want to limit other people's choices though. Look at all the different firearm designs. They all offer something the others don't, otherwise they would not exist.

This topic smacks of "I've got mine, now you mustn't get any in case you abuse it".

I'm also not into collecting guns. Sure some people collect things and all power to them, but -and I know this will also ruffle feathers- I don't give one rats ass about collecting 100 years old militaria and beaten up bolt action rifles. I couldn't give two shits about them. The M1 Garand, arguably the first wide spread general issue semi auto firearm, was in service- IN SERVICE- for 41 years before I was born. I'm not even 41 years old yet but a semi auto rifle was general issue that long before I even existed. This notion that a collection should start off with "collectables" just because they are old is also foreign to me. It is literally like saying I should first buy a 1936 Beetle before I can own a Porsche 997. To expect me to buy more guns I don't 1)want 2)care about 3)have any reason to own besides checking boxes before I can buy more than what you consider "sufficient" guns is downright silly. If I shoot SADPA DMG and want a .22 with optics, a .22 with iron sights, an AR-15 with a suppressor, an AK with an optic, an FN-FAL with iron sights, a long 5.56mm and a short 5.56mm, a pump shotgun, a semi shotgun and another semi shotgun with an optic sight, then honestly why not? There are days you want to drive the 997 and there are days you want to take the KB250.

I agree we are better off with regards to semi auto guns now than before the FCA, but that is partly the FCA's fault. If I have to get dedicated status for owning a SD pistol, a .22 pistol and any other pistol then why stop there? The fact that many many people have joined the sports which support these guns is an added bonus. I remember pre 2005 IDPA and "3 gun" matches which had maybe 15 people pitch. There was a club shoot at KSC this weekend where 33 people arrived. This is brilliant for the sport.

User

Sorry for only replying now was out of town for a while.

Kayback I think you are understanding my post incorrectly. You can obviously justify your different needs as you put out above, not all firearms are created equal. What I am saying is don't you believe that using those firearms and the motivations you supplied to use them in their respective sports are better put to use in SADPA, IPSC or 3gun nation. Instead of shooting at a paper target, with out moving like in NSA or SAHUNT?

I don't feel like I have mine now and now no-one deserves theirs. In fact now that I have mine I have helped others to obtain theirs.

I would love to own multiple MSR's and I my heart so agrees with ProudPrado, but until the system is altered we need to work with in those boundaries. And support those who fight on our behalf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2