Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GunbanObama!

User

Default GunbanObama!

Interesting reading to be found here http://gunbanobama.com/

User

Default Re: GunbanObama!

It will be interesting to see what will happen now with the 250 million firearms in the US and current federal and state laws.
    The President-elect face much more serious problems than private firearms and at least they have the 2ND Amendment. Maybe Ikor can comment.

Wish we had something like that.

......not the problems!

Some interesting reading: http://www.frontierbullets.co.za/news.htm

I think with the supreme courts recent clarification of what they interpret the 2nd amendment as, Obama and the democratic party do not have enough gun to get a ban past the constitution
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

I think that another Crime Bill or assault weapon ban is on the cards. BO wants to pass a federal law banning CCW. Some states like Montana have issued formal notice to the the federal government that they will not tolerate further infringements on state laws, especially those realting to firearms, and have threatened to secede from the union.

As I understand it all federal firearms laws are passed on the basis of the regulation of inter-state commerce, which is in the federal governments purview. Firearm ownership and the right to carry concealed is strictly within state power.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

but has the supreme courts recognition of the 2nd amendment saying that the wording is equally pertinent today as it was when written a major log jam in a further ban especially on CCW, I could foresee a possible attempt at assault weapons ban but yeah my impression is that this was a state law!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

More important to us is a possible clamp down on export of firearms and accessories. This would fit nicely into UN policy of restriction of small arms in the world and the UN already has visions of better cooperation with the Obama Administration than they had with uncle war.

User

I'm not 100% sure of my understanding\knowledge, but here goes:

That Supreme court ruling went the right way by only a small margin. I assume(?) the supreme court judges are appointed by the President. If any of those judges resign or die Obama will replace them with hippies. I also think those appointsments are for life, so a hippie President's influence could reach longer than 4 or 8 years.

Ikor, am I on the right track? ;D

President nominates, Senate appoints.

They have security of tenure.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Obama Victory Means ‘Stronger Support for Sensible Gun Laws’

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=38807

Well guys, I am back in the states now and I will let you know what, if anything, happens in the next few months. No doubt at all that the far left wants to do away with CCW, 'assault rifles' and...of course...all other firearms as well except for those in the hands of their own bodyguards or friends.

I am ashamed that so many in my country seem to simply not research candidates or look at their pasts before voting on a whim, but as you know yourselves, sometimes a Representative democracy (republic) can end up held hostage to the majority, and the majority seldom actually think critically for themselves...only about what benefits them in the short run. Comments I see here so far seem to be pretty much on track as I do believe any new legislation faces a fight but I also believe they will try. I also would bet money that exports will be tightened, so I would recommend getting what you can ASAP...just my opinion, however. For sure the new administration will NOT be 'gun friendly'.

On a brighter note, I enjoyed getting to meet BoerBok and Geoff in person as well as speaking with abhm on the phone, and I will return to the fairest Cape in probably 3-4 months, if the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise ;D
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast