User

Default German Hunting Seasons 2024/25

The hunting year officially starts on 1 April. ( Our hunting licences are also only valid until 31 March. Even if you only got the hunting license in January. )

I've been invited to hunt the same piece of land that I hunted on last year. The neighboring property has also now given me permission to shoot foxes, badgers, and racoons that I spot on their side. I am also allowed to shoot wild boar.

Last year was not a great year in terms of getting meat in the freezer, but was a valuable

learning experience. I spend a lot of time observing roe behavior and movement in and around the property. I hope to put it to good use this year.

The focus this year will be on actively hunting "Raubwild" like foxes and badgers. We also need to establish of we have racoons in the area. They have been migrating west at remarkable speed. They are decimating the ground nesting bird populations.

The big challenge will be to get at least 5 roe does before the end of the season. There are too many roe in our area which is hampering forrestry operations. They are remarkably difficult to hunt on this property, so it won't be an easy task. That is however a challenge for later in the year.

The focus now is on the roe buck season that kicks of on 1 May. There are no boar in the area at the moment so I'll change out.my 30-06 barrel for the 243 this coming week.

The next couple of weeks will be spent doing a bit of scouting around the property to see how many bucks there are.

User

Default Re: German Hunting Seasons 2024/25

Good luck! Keep us updated.

User

Waidmannsheil ! alas, over here I have to wait until November 2.

Good luck Socrates, I hope its a great season for you!

User

I checked the 243 Win zero this morning, and used the opportunity to test the Garmin. Load is a 80gr Barnes TTSX loaded with Ramshot Big Game.

There are at least two bucks on the property I'm hunting. Really looking forward to 1. May. My the girls are also excited to be able to go out hunting again.

The weather is absolutly miserable at the moment. I've already packed away my winter hunting gear, and I'm not to keen to retrieve it from storage. So hopefully it will start warming up or at the very least stop raining before May.