Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Girsan MC28

User

Default Girsan MC28

So I paged through my newly-bought Magnum two evenings ago, and chance upon your ad. There I see something that gave me the same experience as when you see someone that looks almost-but-not-quite like someone you know well... angles, shapes, control positions etc etc looks so much (in some respects identical) like the M&P!

Googled it a bit and saw it's 15rd (vs 17 for the Smith) but on the Girsan website it shows other similar features (trigger safety vs what looks to be DOA on your ad).

Previous reading suggests Girsan makes good stuff. I'm purely curious here, but how close is the MC28 to the M&P or is it only cosmetic?

:- P

Default Re: Girsan MC28

I have stripped both. They are almost identical since it is a copy. The only difference I could find mechanically is the girsan uses a lever at the back of the slide instead of the M&P method.

I wouldn't say it is a copy, but it is a well made and modern pistol that is also the cheapest decent hi-cap pistol in SA.
    New stock arrives early next week, also some with the new tan frames. 2 Sizes of slide/barrel length.
    It is not in the same league as Glock or S&W M&P or CZ Duty...but then again we have not had a single problem with any of the first several hundred that sold at all. So it is a good choice for those with less of a budget and sure beats a lot of the offerings out there. As always, some of the best backup and service out there, with a no quibble guarantee.
    Will post pics of the new shipment next week.

User

Cool, thanks gents. I was just surprised by the external similarities. Looks like a decent blaster. The R500 rand question of course is: are the mags interchangeable? Would 17rd M&P mags fit the Girsan, and would the 15rd Girsan mags fit the 9c? Or did they do the really sensible thing and use a mag already in use by one of their other pistols?

I had a look at the mags. I dont believe they are interchangeable. The mag catches look different and im am also quite sure the Girsan's mags are wider.

Not interchangeable, but we always keep good stock of mags for the pistols we are agents for, and have plenty in stock at a good price.

Attached Images Attached Images

User

I'd love to see a pic of the fullsize MC28 next to an M&P :-) even the locking block and trigger block housing roll pins are identical places. Chamber inspection port at the top rear of the breach/barrel is identical too. As mentioned, not a 1:1 copy, but it's obvious that "rather much inspiration" was gained from the Smith :-)

Would be really nice to see he results of one of these being run through a regular sport-shooting regime over a few months' matches. If they prove to be reliable enough under those conditions, this could make a great recommendation to those guys that just cannot afford the price of the mainstream big names.

Just had another thought: this seems pitched exactly where M&P detractors fine gap in the line-up, i.e. between the M&P Compact and the FS. Again, I think this is clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I'd love to see a pic of the fullsize MC28 next to an M&P
    Looks like a mix between the SD9 and M&P... and dropped the trigger face to a semi-curved / flat... Will the Apex sears fit...???? :)

[img]http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...st_sd9sd40.jpg[/img]

Just a sneak peek at some of the new ones that just arrived. There are of course also the black ones.
    Busy costing them.

Nice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast