Default Marks on fired braas

Good day fellow "Gunsighters"

I have the following questions/problem. I recently acquired a Ruger M77 Hawkeye 25-06 Rem, I have noticed that once I had fired, the rifle chamber leaves an impression in the base of the case.

I presume it should not cause any issues but I did find it strange that a new rifle will leave these marks.

Do you think I can just take it to a gunsmith to resolve or what would the best solution be.
    Good shooting
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Wikus, did you clean the chamber of the rifle properly before shooting? Could be something stuck in the chamber, or it could (most likely) be machining marks in the chamber. Latter could probably be removed with some carefull polishing, preferably by a gunsmith. Best to have a gunsmith check it out anyway.
    Do the cases come out easily when you extract them, or do you require a bit of effort to lift the bolt?
    Were you using factory ammo?
    Are there any shiny areas on the case head (base of the cartridge)?

User

What are you doing with these braas? If you are not carefull they might start tuning you :)

[seriously, looks like a rough chamber. you could take it to get polished ... ]

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST View Post
    Wikus, did you clean the chamber of the rifle properly before shooting? Could be something stuck in the chamber, or it could (most likely) be machining marks in the chamber. Latter could probably be removed with some carefull polishing, preferably by a gunsmith. Best to have a gunsmith check it out anyway.
    Do the cases come out easily when you extract them, or do you require a bit of effort to lift the bolt?
    Were you using factory ammo?
    Are there any shiny areas on the case head (base of the cartridge)?
    Hi Thomast

I also think it is just some machining marks.

Yes, the cases do come out easy.
    All of the cases that has been shot has the marks on them, the once fired highland cases only have the marks once, the reloaded highland cases have the marks twice (I have reloaded only once so far).
    There are no shiny areas

I think I will take it to the gunsmith anyway. Just need to find the time

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    What are you doing with these braas? If you are not carefull they might start tuning you :)

[seriously, looks like a rough chamber. you could take it to get polished ... ]
    Thanks, my thoughts as well.