Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Two mall robberies in Centurion

Two different malls in Centurion were hit by armed robberies within an hour on Sunday morning.

Two malls in Centurion have been hit by armed robbers on Sunday morning, Centurion Concerned Citizens (CCC) said.

Spokesperson Hannes Du Buisson said Edgars in Mall@Reds was robbed by five armed men just after 09:00.

“They entered the premises through the basement and held staff at gunpoint. They robbed the store’s cash float which was an undisclosed amount of money,” Du Buisson said.

He said the robbers fled in a white Ford Ranger bakkie with registration number PJW 464 GP.

Du Buisson said medical services and trauma counsellors were called and attended to some of the female staff who had fainted from the trauma and shock.

Police spokesperson Captain Bonginkosi Msimango said a case of business robbery was being investigated.

About an hour later, two shots were fired at Centurion Mall during an armed robbery at Vodashop.

Eyewitness Leoni Swart said she was just leaving the Mr Price Sport shop when she heard gunshots.

“I saw everyone running away from the exit of Vodashop. I went towards the exit to assist and saw the robbers had run out into the parking and already moved towards the outside the mall,” she said.

Lyttelton police spokesperson Warrant Officer Hero Gumbu said the four armed men were heavily armed, one with an R5 rifle and three with 9mm pistols.

“The one with the rifle was guarding the mall entrance near the Vodashop. One of them entered the shop and ordered the staff to load cellphones in a bag. As they left, they noticed someone was taking pictures of them and that is when shots were fired,” he said.

Gumbu said no one was injured and the armed men fled with cellphones valued at approximately R300 000.

“The suspects are aged between 30 and 40 years. They fled in a white Ford Focus, registration number DM 86 RT GP. We are investigating a case of business robbery.

Du Buisson said: “As a community, we are extremely concerned. These suspects are armed and should not be confronted.”

http://rekordcenturion.co.za/56018/t...-in-centurion/

Default Re: Two mall robberies in Centurion

Du Buisson said: “As a community, we are extremely concerned. These suspects are armed and should not be confronted.”
    Yeah. And comments like that in national press only seek to give the next mall robbers confidence that they will meet little or no resistance.

User

Was at Lyttleton station when the Vodashop call came in, making a statement for my Hilux thats was stolen at Makro Centurion.

Damn, those are probably the three most frequented shopping locations in Centurion for me.

User

Aren't there big stickers at the entrance that says no guns?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Was at Lyttleton station when the Vodashop call came in, making a statement for my Hilux thats was stolen at Makro Centurion.
    Sheesh bud. Sorry to hear.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snaphaan View Post
    Aren't there big stickers at the entrance that says no guns?
    Indeed. But of course that only applies to the legal gun owners.

User

I'm damn glad we decided not to go shopping yesterday! Those are te two malls we shop at!

User

Was at Centurion from 9am at game side, but probably just left before it happend. With all the renovating going on at centurion mall the buggers take the oppertunity to strike while things are still a mess.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    No ways!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast