Default Delays at Garsfontein Police Station with new Applications?

Hi

Any members here with applications still sitting at the Garsfontein Police station after more than a month?
    Is there anything constructive that can be done?

The only feedback I ever get is that there is "a backlog", but no indication or even estimate as to when this backlog will be dealt with.

User

Default Re: Delays at Garsfontein Police Station with new Applications?

Garsfontein used to be quite good until the renewals started happening last year. Seeing as they serve one of the more affluent areas in Pretoria, they're likely to have more applications and renewals than most other stations. Yes, I said it, shooting (legally) in South Africa is expensive.

The last few times I was there, the normally friendly staff were very frustrated. They may hate the licensing system and its inefficiencies even more than we shooters do.

That doesn't solve your problem I know. In essence, I'm saying that they're actually good people that want to help you but the system is making it difficult for them too.

That's why I'm rather careful in my choice of words or actions. Around 2012, I received a string of new licenses within 4 weeks of application.
    I certainly don't want to add to the frustrations or be known as the impatient sod who made things even worse for everyone by throwing toys, but it is unacceptable to not even have an indication of an ETA - from the sound of things, once applications get to the CFR, it is generally quite good at the moment - so I don't understand which part of the process is done at the station, and why it is taking so long. And if it really is going to be months, surely there must be some kind of official assistance possible to the station?
    When I spoke to the DFO, I asked him if there was anything members of the public could do, but it sounds to me that even the better PC's they require would not simply be a question of me rocking up there with some donation machines -it would most likely need to be done via some other channel, if not entirely impossible due to security considerations?

User

I sincerely hope Garsfontein isn't getting slow... I just bought another firearm now.

Good news - got a call from them today - both my applications are going to central on Monday, so there seems to be some movement there again...