Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Preaching to the converted..

I know, but spread it around.

User

sorry for the rookie question, still new to this, what is the equivalent of the NRA in RSA?

User

SAGA used to be the dominant body, GOSA seems to have gathered increasing support.

Quote Originally Posted by virox96 View Post
    sorry for the rookie question, still new to this, what is the equivalent of the NRA in RSA?
    Part of our problem is that there is no "unified" body which can negotiate on behalf of all collectors/sportsman/hunters and ordinary firearms owners.
    The tactic of the govt has to use a divide and rule approach to dealing with us and thus far has worked against us.

IIRC the NRA was founded to improve marksmanship after the Americans had fought the Spanish in Cuba, not as a political special interest group/lobbiest
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

We REALLY need unification between our different groups under one banner. I don't see how we can be successful without it. I believe that unity between GOSA, SAGA and the zillion others is the only way to prevent a total ban. Why is this so impossible, do these guys not see the big picture? Are we looking forward to seeing our guns destroyed? Our numbers are so small, what little we have has been separated in hundreds of little self interest groups. I can easily see hunting organizations saying 'okay, if we can keep our rifles, government can ban handguns". Next comes the complete ban.

Why do we sit back and let them do this crap to us? Hell it makes me angry.

They want our guns destroyed. They want our rights removed. The very right to self defense and the preservation of freedom are at stake and the majority sit back waiting for someone else to do something.

GOSA, SAGA etc should put more effort into gaining numbers and unification than debating GFSA. We have to think of the big picture.
    Last edited by gizmo16; 01-03-2010 at 09:35.

User

We don't really have one. GOSA is a good one, check out http://www.gunownerssa.org/. These guys have some balls. SAGA seems to have gone into some kind of slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by virox96 View Post

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    GOSA, SAGA etc should put more effort into gaining numbers and unification than debating GFSA. We have to think of the big picture.
    Um... well... speaking on behalf of GOSA... We realised that it was becoming an 'us or them' contest with SAGA last year, so we re-looked at what we were trying to achieve and took ourselves totally out of the membership competition.

GOSA are focussed solely on creating a sane legislative environment for firearm ownership. We research, advocate and litigate. The other associations and organisations can organise shoots, grant accreditation, whatever they please. We feel a far better use of our resources is to focus narrowly and assist ALL firearm owners, regardless of their affiliation.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

The NRA also claims to be the oldest continuously operating civil rights organization in the United States. I think the fact that they recognised this and were not only focused on firearms that helped them become who they are today.

User

I agree Paul, I just wish other organizations would step in an associate with you, so that you have all the numbers to back you up. If people want to protect their interest in firearms, they need to stop every attempt to ban any specific type of gun or activity.

You guys have the right idea. I am sure that if you are recognized as the NRA of SA that many more people would support you. People don't like to be confused. With the millions of different minority groups its easy to get confused. If people want to know who to support to keep their guns, it should be one group.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The NRA also claims to be the oldest continuously operating civil rights organization in the United States. I think the fact that they recognised this and were not only focused on firearms that helped them become who they are today.
    Hmm... wonder if Afriforum (who seem to be doing the work that the HRC and Public Protector are paid to do), and seem to have deep pockets, would be interested?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast