Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Malinois Breeders in GP

They are the most amazing dogs you can have, however definately not for the faint hearted.
    If you are not seriously devoted to working with them daily please for the sake of the dog and your own sanity choose another more docile breed.

We have 2 and I can assure you there's good reasons why people call them...Maligators....Land sharks.....Velociraptors.

Any breeder worth their salt won't sell these dogs to an inexperienced dogowner who didn't go through an approval process first.

Malinois = Full Auto AR which you have to EDC

Quote Originally Posted by FantomBadger View Post
    Have you tried the black Kong "kegels"?
    Yes, she didn't appear interested even when loaded. It's sitting somewhere under a chair - haven't found it yet :D
    She's quite taken with a plastic squeeky hedgehog at present. The noise keeps her from shredding it.

User

GSDs are right at the edge of my comfort zone.

Rottweilers are easy pets in comparison.

I give mine whole ostrich legs with the skin/leather still on. Takes them a while to chew through it.

User

Kongs get lost in the sea, even when stuffed with pool noodle bits.

Good day all.

Still seaching for Malinois breeders in Gauteng?

BK9

Searching

User

Hi.
    I got lucky was offered a Rottie via another forum 13 weeks male and looking good. My wife is sold on the breed, yes puppies do that to chicks ;)
    Already well disciplined.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

User

I can only repeat and support what SSP said: Malis are awesome dogs when you are willed to keep them busy daily. Those are working dogs who need to work every day, this is somehing what our police - K-9 units and military can handle ease hence this is their job. For a private/civil person this might be the pure overexertion.
    Two vids which show their ability when one spend hours every day:

While our military is using 80 % Rottweilers (mostly for guarding military areas/installations) the police swipped to the Malis as they need less food, are easier to transport, don´t have the fighting dog attidude of the Rotties. In most states of my country you need to pass a obidience course with the latter, additionaly keeped on the lash and with muzzle when on public grounds. That´s requested by law.

Ours was very restless and kept us up half the night.

This morning, after literally dragging me out of bed, she's chasing the fence and tracking mud everywhere from the rain.

Last week she had a limp - most probably from chasing a ball too hard. She walks for about 2hrs a day and then wants to play when she gets home.

She has taken all the heavy logs of firewood and dispersed them round the garden .
    Yesterday she completely shredded her blanket and a towel.

She's a fun dog and a superb watchdog, but it comes at a price.

User

We started training at a new club today and I saw what Malinois dogs does to inexperienced handlers.

Don't consider a Malinios before you've figured out how GSD's work. I'm so happy now that I've listened to the advice given. My next big dog will still be either a Rottweiler or GSD. Malinois' are from the devil, on meth and see the world as a chew toy.

On a more serious note, both our dogs did amazingly well once we've switched the Rott to my wife and GSD handled by me. I was told that he is extremely energetic and should I manage him correctly, we'll be able to title.

The Rottweiler however is a good "family dog" and we just need to work on her discipline. She doesn't have the drive for bite work.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5