Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Default Re: Thoughts on the Norinco Type 56

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Just a note, I assume all these changes revolve around the fixed stock versions.

The folders have different rear trunions

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
    Yes , fixed stock. Although grip and forend could be changed with either of the variants im assuming?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomedy13 View Post
    Yes , fixed stock. Although grip and forend could be changed with either of the variants im assuming?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    Yep.

Mine is the fixed stock version and I really like the wood look after stripping off the original varnish and redoing it. Has anyone here used the original stock with a butt pad? Does it make the required difference in it being comfortable? What butt pad have you used and where have you sourced it from?

User

Quote Originally Posted by KM02 View Post
    Mine is the fixed stock version and I really like the wood look after stripping off the original varnish and redoing it. Has anyone here used the original stock with a butt pad? Does it make the required difference in it being comfortable? What butt pad have you used and where have you sourced it from?
    The biggest issue is if you are mounting an optic, the standard stock doesn't give enough height for a good cheek weld

The biggest issue is if you are mounting an optic, the standard stock doesn't give enough height for a good cheek weld

No optic plans for the near future. Just need it a little comfy to shoot as the stock is really bad! Perhaps too short but just doesn't fit in my shoulder.

User

Mine tasted it's first blood today. Unfortunately from me as I held my finger in the wrong place while stapling a paper target to a cardboard backing.
    At least it didn't interfere with my shooting and I am still happy with the way the sights were set at the factory. No windage adjustment needed. And not uncomfortable for an underfolder.

User

The reason the T56 is so bad, even worse than most other fixed stock AK pattern rifles is because the T56 retains the standard AK47 sloped stock, where most AK pattern guns available use the AKM pattern stock which is much flatter.

Although still not the best for shooting an optic, it is "better".

User

Just a quick note. To the people that say, "it is an AK so it is reliable", it is a SKS Type 56 which is a Chinese copy of an AK 47 (made in China). The AK 47 is originally made in the Soviet Union. Since then, there are many AK 47 copies made by many manufacturers over many countries. And while we get good ones, we also get bad ones. You can do a quick search on Google or Bing for "Best and Worst AK 47 Manufacturers". One fact remains, a Chinese AK is not as good quality as a Russian AK (Which countries made good or bad AK-47? | [April Updated] (thegunzone.com)).

{The 6} Best AK-47 in 2024 [April Tested] (thegunzone.com)
    World’s TOP 5 worst AK producers (PHOTOS) - Russia Beyond (rbth.com)

Quote Originally Posted by RoanF View Post
    Just a quick note. To the people that say, "it is an AK so it is reliable", it is a SKS Type 56 which is a Chinese copy of an AK 47 (made in China). The AK 47 is originally made in the Soviet Union. Since then, there are many AK 47 copies made by many manufacturers over many countries. And while we get good ones, we also get bad ones. You can do a quick search on Google or Bing for "Best and Worst AK 47 Manufacturers". One fact remains, a Chinese AK is not as good quality as a Russian AK (Which countries made good or bad AK-47? | [April Updated] (thegunzone.com)).

{The 6} Best AK-47 in 2024 [April Tested] (thegunzone.com)
    World’s TOP 5 worst AK producers (PHOTOS) - Russia Beyond (rbth.com)
    The type 56 is an AKM copy. Not an AK47 copy.

The SKS is an entirely different rifle design.

The Gunzone article is hardly credible. It conflates AK47s with AKMs. But wait, there's more, with Vz58s, which shares the cartridge only.

There is also no distinction with regard to which factory in the particular country.

User

I agree, and it makes my point even stronger, that to say it is an "AK" makes it the best by default. You will have to look at more than just the design copy or stated name.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast