Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Default Read any good books lately?

So..

Moving away from all the heavy discussions, anyone read any good books lately?
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Banned

Default Re: Read any good books lately?

SJW's Always Lie: Taking down the Tought Police

Social Justice Warriors have plagued mankind for more than 150 years, but only in the last 30 years has their ideology become dominant in the West. Having invaded one institution of the cultural high ground after another, from corporations and churches to video games and government, there is nowhere that remains entirely free of their intolerant thought and speech policing.

Because the SJW agenda of diversity, tolerance, inclusiveness, and equality flies in the face of both science and observable reality, SJWs relentlessly work to prevent normal people from thinking or speaking in any manner that will violate their ever-mutating Narrative. They police science, philosophy, technology, and even history in order to maintain the pretense that their agenda remains inevitable in a modern world that contradicts it on a daily basis.

The book is named after the First Law of SJW: SJWs always lie. SJWS ALWAYS LIE is a useful guide to understanding, anticipating, and surviving SJW attacks from the perspective of a man who has not only survived, but thrived, after experiencing multiple attempts by Social Justice Warriors to disqualify, discredit, and disemploy him in the same manner they have successfully attacked Nobel Laureates, technology CEOs, broadcasters, sports commentators, school principals, and policemen. It analyzes well-known SJW attacks as well as the two most successful examples of resistance to the SJW Narrative, #GamerGate and Sad Puppies.

Written by Vox Day, Supreme Dark Lord of the Evil Legion of Evil and three-time Hugo nominee who is described as the most hated man in science fiction by Black Gate and The Wall Street Journal, SJWS ALWAYS LIE is a powerful weapon in the cultural war against the thought police.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok View Post
    So..

Moving away from all the heavy discussions, anyone read any good books lately?
    Drive - Daniel Pink

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

BB.jpg

My all time favourite
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Fearless - Eric Blehm

User

Not sure what genre, I assume most people are into fiction but I pretty much exclusively read non-fiction, here are my recommendations:

Countdown to Zero Day - About the Stuxnet worm that attacked the Iranian nuclear program. Great insight into a fascinating subject - using cyberwarfare to physically compromise the enemy.

Making of the Bomb - A painstakingly detailed account of the development of the atomic bomb, a lot of insight into the science leading up to it, the political climate as it changed and the details of the herculean effort by the US to build the bombs.

Shoot to Win - Season 4 Top Shot winner Chris Cheng. I have not started this book yet, but I am a big fan of Chris Cheng and I can easily relate to him, so I will give his book a go.

Aussie Grit - Mark Webber, formula 1 driver. I have also not started this on yet. I was never a huge fan, but respect him as a driver and as a public personality, his book will give good insight into the world of top tier motor racing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok View Post
    BB.jpg

My all time favourite
    What the Actual F*ck did I just see!!!

User

The Revenant

If you like old school 1800's trapping in the wilds, read this

Also soon to be a movie

User

Last book was David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.

Soon I'll start The Eighth Summit by Peter van Kets. I've been told that it is a must read.

User

I'm reading Business Journalism by Ibrahim Seaga Shaw. It's boring as old shit. Avoid at all costs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast