Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default How do you EDC at work?

Firearms are not referenced by my company policies, so I do EDC while at work. I am not the type who wears a jacket every day (warmer months), so I have to keep the following in pockets: extra mag, torch, knife, phone, wallet. Glock is in a MTAC IWB. Its fine for the most part, but of course things move around in pockets, and I can't always be sure my knife is going to be in the same spot it was in the morning.

I am just curious, besides wearing a jacket covering a tool belt, if there are any other tricks that people on this forum use? Or does everyone who has to be extra careful at work, simply carry in pockets? Magazines in IWB holsters perhaps ? I am sure there are some tricks that I am unaware of.

Default Re: How do you EDC at work?

I carry in a Comptac shirt tucker holster with a tuckable iwb mag pouch. I work in an office in shirt and tie. (and pants)
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    I work in an office in shirt and tie. (and pants)
    Pre-empting Corné there, SSP?
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok
    I work in an office in shirt and tie. (and pants)
    Pre-empting Corné there, SSP?
    I know how the clowns on this forum roll.
    Havamal

I know how the clowns on this forum roll.
    With pants on...mostly...

More seriously though, what model Glock do you carry? Reason for asking, I found that you can carry a compact size gun (G19/23/30) rather comfortably around the ankle. Just dont try to run a marathon or anything like that. See Fobus ankle rigs as well as Uncle Mike's on the web.

I leave my torch in my car. No point during the day, I might be wrong.

Gun in IWB, Knifes in pocket like normal, Cell on the desk or in hand when I move from one office to another, spare mag and torch in the drawer next to me. Yes, I am not suppose to carry where I work, not even the knife... Area is not a high risk as only a bit of petty cash on site and a security gate to enter premises. Personal opinion is that work area is not a high risk area, yes I know anything can happen anywhere but did a risk analysis and feel comfortable with the spare mag in the drawer. Clothing is casual and thus my shirt is never tucked in and none around me is any wiser except for the two knifes in the pockets that very few people notice and those that do / did notice does not say a word about it.

User

I carry an Astra A-100 .45 which is an absolute mission. Being in government service firearms are a big no-no so I must carry completely concealed. I usually carry my Astra in a Fobus paddle holster (it fits the Sig 228 model perfectly). At hospital it is covered with my white coat. Nobody has seen it yet. In theatre scrubs its a lot easier to hide, it disappears in a belly band. At class I dress like a slob, which makes it even easier to conceal.

I have just purchased a Kahr K9 and will be applying for the licence soon (deep breaths!). Carrying should become a lot easier when that comes thru.

Hey SSP, I've been looking at the CTAC on the net for my Kahr. Would you recommend it? What do you carry in it? Does someone locally stock them or did you buy over the net?

User

I carry my 17 or 23 in a ctac under a tucked in white shirt everyday in a NPE no problem. A knife in each front pocket which no one seems to notice. Spare mags are in paddle pouches in my tactical man purse as is my surefire. I probably wouldnt buy another ctac though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDave
    Hey SSP, I've been looking at the CTAC on the net for my Kahr. Would you recommend it? What do you carry in it? Does someone locally stock them or did you buy over the net?
    I bought my shirt tucker direct from Comptac. Great service. I don't like the C-tac much. It's too fiddly and a pain to put on and take off all the time. I carry a Glock 17.

What hospital you at? The Gen?

Where did you get the Kahr as a matter of interest?
    Havamal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast