Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default NSA box gun and the G19 gen 4

I'm preparing to shoot some nsa targets and wanted some advice.
    Does the G19 fall in the box gun 140 x 180 mm category with 5 mm lee way on either side?
    So I printed a box and took a photo.

To the NSA experts, does my back strap protrusion fall inside the 5 mm lee way, the photo was taken to be vertical above the back strap with the other ends within the box?

User

Default Re: NSA box gun and the G19 gen 4

Why not email Herman Els, he will be able to confirm either way. And, he is normally fairly prompt at responding.

According to Glock the length of the G19 gen 4 is 185mm with no backstrap already? So any backstrap would exceed the box boundaries including the 5mm leeway on each dimension.

I know my G30S fits in, just, and it's a noticeable amount smaller than the G19.

Rather check with Herman to get a definitive answer though.
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

User

User

The angle of the FA means the 185 mm of the G19 fits easily, only the back strap tang that causes a 5 mm protrusion on one side.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    According to Glock the length of the G19 gen 4 is 185mm with no backstrap already? So any backstrap would exceed the box boundaries including the 5mm leeway on each dimension.

I know my G30S fits in, just, and it's a noticeable amount smaller than the G19.

Rather check with Herman to get a definitive answer though.
    I emailed Herman a few weeks back, in the hopes that he would address the ambiguity on the website. He was under the impression that wording on the website is quite clear.

From the website:

THE BOX-GUN: A Box-Gun is a handgun (rimfire or centre-fire) of which the whole frame, sights and grip, fits into a rectangle of 180mm x 140mm (5mm lee way on all sides allowed)

@Quicksilver, surely 5mm lee way on each SIDE means that the back can protrude 5mm, the front can protrude 5mm, the top can protrude 5mm, and the bottom can protrude 5mm. ie: 10mm lee way in each DIMENSION, since each DIMENSION has two SIDES. Isn't this then equivalent to saying that the the gun must fit into a rectangle of 190mm x 150mm with NO lee-way? Wouldn't that have been a better way to word it? Or am I failing to comprehend?

User

Quote Originally Posted by gwejones View Post
    I emailed Herman a few weeks back, in the hopes that he would address the ambiguity on the website. He was under the impression that wording on the website is quite clear.

From the website:

THE BOX-GUN: A Box-Gun is a handgun (rimfire or centre-fire) of which the whole frame, sights and grip, fits into a rectangle of 180mm x 140mm (5mm lee way on all sides allowed)

@Quicksilver, surely 5mm lee way on each SIDE means that the back can protrude 5mm, the front can protrude 5mm, the top can protrude 5mm, and the bottom can protrude 5mm. ie: 10mm lee way in each DIMENSION, since each DIMENSION has two SIDES. Isn't this then equivalent to saying that the the gun must fit into a rectangle of 190mm x 150mm with NO lee-way? Wouldn't that have been a better way to word it? Or am I failing to comprehend?
    Leeway would go onto either side of the measurements... so where the box is 180mm x 140mm, the leeway would refer to 185mmx145mm (5mm on each of the horizontal planes). Or at least this would sound logical to me. Otherwise they'd have said 190x150mm and if it crosses over it's a nogo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gwejones View Post

From the website:

I think you are good to go

It would be nice if the G19 qualified.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast