Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Graphic - Man brutally tortured then beaten to death

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac595 View Post
    Absolutely shocking.
    My question to this would be, are you allowed to use deadly force if you come across something like this.
    if you intervene with out force they would do the same to you, if you don't and be a sheep like the public taking video clips, you are just as guilty as the guys who did the assaulting.
    Unless the victim is an IMMEDIATE family member I would not get involved and put myself in a life threatening situation. Unfortunately society has made me this way.

Scenario my Dad always mentioned to me, you see a man with being shot and wounded in the street. Who is the victim and who is the BG? It could be that the man with the gun is acting in true self defense. Unless you are directly involved in the confrontation, you will not be able to make a clear judgement.

User

"Why did none of the bystanders do anything? That said, I will never do anything for a stranger."

This is what's wrong with society.

User

So much for society claiming to be enlightened in our modern times. I think the more we claim to be enlightened, the more savage we actually are. Love thy neighbour as you would yourself has lost it's meaning in our modern society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkals View Post
    So much for society claiming to be enlightened in our modern times. I think the more we claim to be enlightened, the more savage we actually are. Love thy neighbour as you would yourself has lost it's meaning in our modern society.
    And who would "thy neighbour" be?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Plaashaas View Post
    And who would "thy neighbour" be?
    That there is one of the biggest moral problems we each face. Is it anybody, or just those you would see as one deserving of your love? For myself, I would have it as anybody, but it is difficult sometimes to love someone who has wronged you or someone you love.

User

Thy neighbour doesn't pay your legal fees, or medical bills, or funeral costs, or look after your family if you die pulling them from a situation which they got themselves into. At which point are we going to stop this blaming society nonsense, and start expecting people to also take their own safety seriously?

User

The police are not there to judge, they are there to enforce the law, meaning stopping the attack right there and then, regardless of who did what.

As for mob justice, the actions alone speak of people out of control, it would also be fair to reason such people do not, and as such anybody could potentially be wrongfully targeted by mob justice.

As for doing nothing, next time the mob might take their vengeance out on members of your family, guess what other people will do, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Is there any first hand details of this?
    The group could be the family members of a rape victim?
    The "victim" could be a well known criminal on bail or out on technicalities and the cops know this.

It could be so many things not covered by this footage and we get the tail end.

I am not justifying anything but will rather not comment without a full picture.

Our police members serve under war like conditions.
    I wouldn't pass judgement based on snippets.
    Does any of that really make a difference?

A man was being beaten to death in full view. Nobody deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaashaas View Post
    Society would probably be more civilised if people get beaten to death for their criminal actions. In this case rape was used as an example.

This however is allegedly gang related.
    Actually, no. If institutions of state are incompitent and poorly trained this is what we get. If they are also brutal and jails are horrendous and don't reform, then you set the scene for mob justice and violence.

User

From the video it looks like the guy who was beaten tried to intervene in the initial robbery.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast