Default Quick Review - Shooting Jacket - Desi Smit, Hadeda Shooting Apparel

I am wholely impressed with a shooting jacket that I recently ordered from Desi Smit. She runs a little cottage industry in Kommetjie making shooting apparel and accessories.

I was needing to retire my other jacket as it is thread bare and at the end of its useful life (one too many barbed wire fences later). A good friend referred me to Desi, who is an absolute pleasure to deal with. The starting price was very reasonable (happy to tell you on PM, but pref not in this thread), and she was happy to accommodate a number of extras, that I specifically wanted, which included:

- smaller Velcro closing pockets within the shell pockets (to prevent one attempting to stuff one's car keys or mobile phone into the barrels, in a moment of excitement).
    - a large box pleated back pocket, that I wanted plastic lined.
    - a dump zip on the bottom of the back pocket.
    (these extras only added R150 to the price!)

We had a telephone conversation where she explained the measurements that she required, and two weeks later my jacket arrived at my door.

See pics below

Her contact deets are as follows: 021 7831429, desihadeda@gmail.com. (I can also PM you her cell number) She also makes custom gun bags and Bisley shooting jackets that are very popular with the Veldskiet shooters.

I owe, Chien, my Brittany, a thank you for acting as model in the pics. She was not impressed and more than slightly bored by it only being a photoshoot, as opposed to the real thing. I am sure you can see the disappointment and tedium in her expression!

User

Default Re: Quick Review - Shooting Jacket - Desi Smit, Hadeda Shooting Apparel

Great to know we can get quality shooting gear, made locally

User

Jeez -I had a Bisley Jacket from her at least 30 years ago when I shot with Rand Rifles - sure she was in Pretoria then. Great quality and service all that time ago . Please remember us to her as we do her.

Agreed, Marshy - I far prefer to support local business, and in particular ones with faces and characters attached.

Wow, Peter - I did not know that she had been at it so long. I will pass on your regards, when I order my rifle bag and a Bisley jacket. At our Kaapjag Wynland Veldskiet two weeks ago, easily 75% of the purpose made apparel was from Desi.

BTW, she has been busy making jackets for one of the SA clay pigeon teams that are heading abroad in the next week or two. So anyone ordering should exercise a bit of patience.