Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Air Gun Caution

User

Default Re: Air Gun Caution

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeZA View Post
    I bought a air arms s410 around 3 years ago second hand with a scope for R5000, new it was 12.5k ay that time. Best money I ever spent. Man what a rifle. Did outdoor bench rest shooting with it against 20k to 60k rifles and was never far behind. Once won a event with 248/250 and 246/250.
    According to the guys there my rifle should not really be able to do that because it has a magazine and not a single loading breach. And it has a very cheap ZOS 10-40x50 scope on. It can also do 1 hole groups the whole day if I do my part. Far more accurate than I am.
    Here is the rifle and score cards I mentioned. It is a 2004 year model with polished internals and a Air Arms S400 MPR trigger. All services and work done on the rifle was done by myself and is not professionally tuned.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeZA View Post
    Here is the rifle and score cards I mentioned. It is a 2004 year model with polished internals and a Air Arms S400 MPR trigger. All services and work done on the rifle was done by myself and is not professionally tuned.

That looks like a sweet gun, you scored

User

The thing is, an air rifle is invaluable to getting range time in cost effectively, also more cost effective than .22LR. The initial outlay may be high but once purchased they are an invaluable tool for practice, you do need to enjoy shooting to make the most of them.

I have 2 PCP'S of good pedigree and enjoy them immensely. If you scale everything down target practice is very economical, you learn wind and distance estimation and have a lot of fun at the same time. You are shooting at a 10 mm circle at 50m, or any target size you are comfortable with, without the vagaries of factory .22 ammunition I can guarantee the average PCP will bump a .22 right out of contention.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4