on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Dad shot at point blank range

Dad shot at point blank range

2010-03-03 22:47

Johannesburg - A Bedfordview businessman was shot dead in front of his wife on Wednesday morning, when he presumably stormed into their bedroom from the shower because he'd heard her screaming.

Michael Palm, 50, was shot dead after robbers first attacked the domestic worker and gardener (whose names were not supplied) at the back door.

They then attacked his wife, Mary-Lynn, 48, when she opened the back door, police spokesperson Roelien Marais said.

The robbers presumably gained access to the property by somehow obtaining the code to the security gate. When the domestic worker arrived at the house at about 07:00, the wife's car was standing in the driveway with one person sitting inside.

She assumed it was the family's driver, waiting for Mrs Palm.

On her way to the back door, two robbers attacked her and held her at gunpoint. By then they had already overpowered the gardener.

As usual, Mary-Lynn unlocked the back door for the domestic worker. It was then that they attacked her.

Some of the robbers held the gardener and the domestic worker in the kitchen, while the others forced Mary-Lynn to the bedroom at gunpoint and demanded money.

Her husband presumably heard the commotion outside and stormed from the shower into the bedroom to protect his wife.

He was shot in the chest, even though he was naked and as such could not have had a weapon on him.

The murderers then fled with Mary-Lynn's handbag, her husband's wallet and a bunch of keys.

They didn't steal any of the family's cars.

It is unclear how they fled the scene.

The couple's son, Brian, in his 20s, who lives in a flat above their garage, went outside when he heard the shot. The murderers were gone by then.

The couple's daughter Hailey, also in her 20s, came from Rustenburg to support her mother.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

you know the anger boils within me when I read this stuff and makes me realise how much of a target I am, and how little these.....POS vermin (I cant describe how I feel about them) care for life. There is a level of selfishness here that goes to the core of their being.

CFR you had better hurry the F@#$ up!

They "somehow" got the code. Wonder how that happened?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    They "somehow" got the code. Wonder how that happened?
    Zigactly! The moment you give your code to ANYONE other than your spouse (and sometimes even then...) your security is compromised.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian