Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Help Requested: Access To Parliamentary Record: Portfolio Committee On Police

Guys, is there anybody who can help us get access to the full content of the Minister of Police's speech made in Parliament on Tuesday past? Either in text form or in the form of a pod cast. We would like to understand exactly what was said as we understand that more than has been reported in the article that was noted yesterday was said and we think it is probably critical to understand the full context.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Default Re: Help Requested: Access To Parliamentary Record: Portfolio Committee On Police

I see Hansard is now only at Feb 2015 so it is not going to be a solution since we cannot wait that long.

http://www.parliament.gov.za/live/co...ategory_ID=119

User

Default Re: Help Requested: Access To Parliamentary Record: Portfolio Committee On Police

What is the process for getting the transcript? I live a block away from parliament so I am happy to help if somebody throws me a breadcrumb or two on where to start since I don't imagine it to be an over-the-counter, swipe&go experience?

Perhaps somebody can contact the Parliamentary Monitoring Group (Google is your friend). They record all of these things and previously this information was available openly on their website but I see that now they no longer provide public access to the records of meetings of the portfolio committee on police. I am quite sure that they have a pod cast though. If necessary I can probably arrange for us to use the name of SAGA, GOSA or any of the other organisations with a view to making the approach an "official one" if somebody can just assist us in getting the ball rolling.

Cheers,
    WZ

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Looks like the police is classified as a "premium committee", but subject to a fee the content can be retrieved.

I am engaging with PMG via e-mail (e.g it's not just "add to cart"), so this is an FYI to avoid duplication of efforts.

Thank you very much! Let me know how much the fee is, if applicable. I am pretty sure we can find the money if necessary.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Good effort and initiative.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Paul, I am given to understand that the Minister indicated that there will be an engagement process around the amendments to the FCA and that the amendments will not simply be presented as a fait accompli. If so, then that is a critical element which is missing from the article (at least from our perspective) and which ties in, at least to a degree, with the existing interactions between the various associations and the SAPS. It is also something to which the associations can legitimately and fairly then seek to hold the Minister and the SAPS. I want to know for sure whether that in fact was said by the Minister or not – which is why we really do want the record, even if it costs us a few dollars. Equally, there may be other things of interest arising out of the full speech.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Any feedback so far? Or am I being too optimistic?

User

Hi WZ,

Is this what you are looking for ?

See at 53:22

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast