Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: *** Financially supporting GOSA with every FA-related purchase

Its an idea that's been floated often enough. Your collection cost though is likely to be a significant part of it (like e-tolls...) and it would be open to material corruption (like e-tolls....).
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Sorry, didn't intend confusion! Just realised how Tim's posts stand out because of the asterisks and decided to infringe on his patent

It was intentional because I believe that there is a massive amount of good that can be done with minimal effort on our collective part to aid GOSA's efforts.
    Great initiative. Was just sad when there were no guns at ridiculous prices when I opened the post.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockGuy View Post
    Great initiative. Was just sad when there were no guns at ridiculous prices when I opened the post.
    Sorry dude, no heartache intended

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Its an idea that's been floated often enough. Your collection cost though is likely to be a significant part of it (like e-tolls...) and it would be open to material corruption (like e-tolls....).
    I think it's a lot easier to just create a GOSA beneficiary on your online banking profile and set a R10/R50/R100/R500/R1,000 per month EFT directly to them in motion. No costs, no worries, no middlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I think it's a lot easier to just create a GOSA beneficiary on your online banking profile and set a R10/R50/R100/R500/R1,000 per month EFT directly to them in motion. No costs, no worries, no middlemen.
    This would be the most hassle free I believe.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Makes sense. I support the NSRI in the same way via a monthly debit order. A stop order would then make sense as GOSA would not have to administer the collection side of things. It does, however, provide less certainty wrt monthly inflows as stop orders can be changed / cancelled at any time.

Would love to hear from Paul or the other team members on what their preference would be.

User

Paul has said it before (a few times, I believe). They need money, not schemes. The fastest, easiest and most hassle-free way is direct EFT by everyone.

User

I am not convinced that EFT is the most effective way to collect money, wouldn't this kind of idea, and other variations be more effective? Are the majority of gun owners in this country really so disinterested in supporting an organisation like GOSA with a small premium on purchases? Is that really the case, or is it only a vocal minority?

I don't think we have much of a chance in hell if we expect GOSA and others to run on their own costs. Surely the safety of our families and the future of our sport is worth it?

Personally I know I would support only those shops that were donating to GOSA, if that was a thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2