View Poll Results: Would you be willing to have to pay R500 once p.a.?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

159 83.68%
  • No (please tell us why)

8 4.21%
  • Maybe (please tell us why)

23 12.11%
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
    User

Default Re: SNAP POLL: FUNDING YOUR OWN NATIONAL ORGANISATION

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Or it may tip people over to say, jis, all will not be lost, there is a plan on the table, I am buying that other firearm (and not sell everything in the light of what is to come), and I will continue with x activity.
    Consensus need not imply unanimous support. This is something we impose upon ourselves to ensure survival of our sport and, even beyond that, our right to defend our lives and those under our protection.

The voluntary model has failed with a spectacular whimper. As usual the ones who are committed and truly dedicated must carry the can for the rest. Thats the way it works in all spheres of life, why should firearm ownership be any different? And I'm fine with that even if it doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy... If someone doesnt support us, at least get out of the way and let the rest get on with it.

We are ALL in the fight. Some are on the front lines, some are in the back, some dont care and possibly most dont know. Hopefully attitudes change as the NOI gains momentum and starts beating back out opposition.

The sport associations will also have a role to play in the changing of attitudes if they truly are behind the NOI, as indeed all reports indicate they are.

Doing nothing is also an option but keeping your head in the sand will just make it easier to take your guns. Just as easy for the "lone house on the prairie " guys that shout as loud as they can "you cant force me to do anything". Without the NOI you will be forced to do a lot of things you dont want to do... Without a body like the NOI we have ALREADY BEEN FORCED TO DO MANY THINGS WE DONT WANT TO DO.

And it will only get worse if we cant organize ourselves.

And then when TSHTF every runs around saying "Where's SAGA?" Including those who have never contributed a cent.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyTazz4Ever View Post
    Fair for those that have the financial ability for this, but if you only have R1k or less "spending money" after paying all your bills you don't get a bonus in December to save for all the signups in January and February now you try and split that R1k or R500 into signing up with a sport shooting body around R600, Buying reloading supply's, Fuel to travel to said sporting events. Ooo Don't forget unforeseen doc visits for the kids that the medical aid don't cover.

Now try and dig out another R500 from all of that...

And i'm not the only person i know that money is tight for
    I understand money is tight for some folks, but how tight is it that R42 a month breaks the bank? Especially considering that you may not need those reloading supplies anymore because there may not be events to attend at all.

User

Fair for those that have the financial ability for this, but if you only have R1k or less "spending money" after paying all your bills you don't get a bonus in December to save for all the signups in January and February now you try and split that R1k or R500 into signing up with a sport shooting body around R600, Buying reloading supply's, Fuel to travel to said sporting events. Ooo Don't forget unforeseen doc visits for the kids that the medical aid don't cover.

Now try and dig out another R500 from all of that...

And i'm not the only person i know that money is tight for
    I get what you are saying and I have empathy.

But without the monetary support we wont have these sports we love anymore.

Upside is we will save lots of money by not buying reloading components, joining sporting associations or driving to competitions. But.... No firearms anymore either...

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I understand money is tight for some folks, but how tight is it that R42 a month breaks the bank? Especially considering that you may not need those reloading supplies anymore because there may not be events to attend at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by speensalf View Post
    I get what you are saying and I have empathy.

But without the monetary support we wont have these sports we love anymore.

Upside is we will save lots of money by not buying reloading components, joining sporting associations or driving to competitions. But.... No firearms anymore either...
    And by spending more than i can afford you guys will score a few nice FA specials as i will be forced to sell them and then i will also not be able to shoot my sport plus you will be one FA owner less in the country.

Guys i'm not saying no i say Money depending i'll spend what i can in support of this.

User

And by spending more than i can afford you guys will score a few nice FA specials as i will be forced to sell them and then i will also not be able to shoot my sport plus you will be one FA owner less in the country.

Guys i'm not saying no i say Money depending i'll spend what i can in support of this.
    That is way better than nothing.

Thread has been moved and closed (pm me if you really feel a need to add anything further here). It has served its purpose (at least for now).

Watch this space for further developments:http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/foru...ion-Initiative
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 22-10-2015 at 10:38.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32