View Poll Results: Would you be willing to have to pay R500 once p.a.?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

159 83.68%
  • No (please tell us why)

8 4.21%
  • Maybe (please tell us why)

23 12.11%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: YOUR OWN NRA

Totally behind it 100%.

User

I would support it

User

Im in.

User

First one to say maybe...

I personally would pay the R500 a year, but feel not everyone will be willing to or would be in a position to do so.
    R500pa would essentially double the current SAPSA membership fee (excl. provincial membership), this might end up unintentionally damaging the growth of the sport, as it would be mandatory, I assume you would pay it to the sporting body and they would pay it over on your behalf. A reduced "NRA" membership fee might be more feasible.
    I do not have 2015 stats, but SAPSA had over 1800 members in 2013, that's R900k generated from one sporting body.

I would pay R500 p/a.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post

I personally would pay the R500 a year, but feel not everyone will be willing to or would be in a position to do so.
    R500pa would essentially double the current SAPSA membership fee (excl. provincial membership), this might end up unintentionally damaging the growth of the sport, as it would be mandatory, I assume you would pay it to the sporting body and they would pay it over on your behalf. A reduced "NRA" membership fee might be more feasible.
    I do not have 2015 stats, but SAPSA had over 1800 members in 2013, that's R900k generated from one sporting body.
    On the other hand, our cause needs a lot of money regularly. A lot of people ask why we don't run advertising campaigns, or don't respond to every anti-gun things in the media, or don't do this, or don't do that. The truth of the matter is that we need a heck of a lot of funding to accomplish such things. Probably in excess of several million per year. For starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post

It's pretty much a matter of survival in the long run. If we cannot succeed in this, it is very probable a day will eventually come when you won't need to pay anything at all. For most folk the sum of R500 is a fraction of what they spend on their firearms related activities each year. The actual number will depend upon how many people are actually in the system. I perceive R500 as being the max.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    On the other hand, our cause needs a lot of money regularly. A lot of people ask why we don't run advertising campaigns, or don't respond to every anti-gun things in the media, or don't do this, or don't do that. The truth of the matter is that we need a heck of a lot of funding to accomplish such things. Probably in excess of several million per year. For starters.
    I think a minimum of R15 million p.a. Double or quadruple that would make a big difference and enable us to really turn the tide. Problem is we don't really know how many people there are in the S16/17 system (eg I have three memberships but I'm only one guy). We might well be able to pull the number down over time.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Im in for sure. Supporting an organization that truly goes in to bat for us would gladly be supported.

User

Will gladly pay it.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast