User

Default G.I. Combat Supplies Shoot Off 2015 & Norinco AR15 draw

G.I. Combat Supplies Shoot Off 2015
    Those at the SA Champs would have known that we had a "little" bit of weather on Sunday. That made it impossible to do the Shoot Offs after the event.

However have no fear the Shoot Offs will be held on the 22nd of November. Along with the Shoot Offs there will be 1 classifier and 2 short fun stages. These stages will keep the competitors busy while the initial knock outs happen for the shoot offs. The top 8 shoot offs will happen after all have shot the classifier and stages as a this will be the highlight of the day.

Shoot offs are open to everyone and seeding of brackets will happen according to your rankings on the leader board. Of course if you do not have a ranking cause you are not a member then you'll be seeded as unranked.

AR15 Lucky Draw
    The draw for the Norinco AR15 sponsored by False Bay Training Academy will also be done on the day. This draw is for members of 3GN SA only (all the more reason to sign up asap).
    For each club match you shot throughout the year you received an entry into the draw.
    So make sure you there if you've shot throughout the year. It's not a requirement that you need to be there or forfeit the prize but it is just more exciting being their when your name is called.

Shoot Offs going forward:
    - Like our American counterparts the shoot off will be a separate event
    - We'll have it once a year
    - There will only be 32 slots available for shooters. Seeding of draw sheets will be based on leader board standings.
    - One sponsor will own the event. So prize money (and futher prizes if the sponsor is so inclined) for the event will be the responsibility of that sponsor. Marketing and naming writes of the event will be given to that sponsor for that year. Prime example here is G.I. Combat Supplies that is sponsoring this year's event.

The idea is to make it something prestigious and a day to mark off on your shooting calendar each year.
    This also allows more clubs to host the event since the requirements for the event space and equipment wise is much less than hosting a SA Champs.

For more information contact info@3gunnation-sa.com

User

Default Re: G.I. Combat Supplies Shoot Off 2015 & Norinco AR15 draw

Just a quick bump to remind everyone of the event.
    22nd of November.
    Two classifiers, some short stages and then the main event.
    Match cost R120.

First prize: R1000
    Second prize: R400
    Third prize: R100

That's a good return on investment if you ask me.

Be there.

Slightly bad investment if you come 3rd. And pretty bad if your 4th or lower.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Slightly bad investment if you come 3rd. And pretty bad if your 4th or lower.
    Do you win money when you shoot clays?

User

User

I must say a big thank you to GI Combat Supplies for sponsoring the 3gn Shootoffs, it was an awesome event and I think everyone had a great time! Although I most likely walked off with the biggest smile! Hence a big thank you as well to False Bay Training Academy for sponsoring my brand new Norinco AR15! Thanks to everyone who helped with build and organization as well.

PS Still smiling!

User

Congrats bud. Shootoffs were fun.